Is there a way?

gaude88

Registered Users (C)
Hi All-

Is there a way to tell that your name check and FP reports are complete prior to the interview? Is it true (I saw on another post) that name check needs to be complete prior to setting interview date?

Any insight appreciated
-- Gaude

gaude88 said:
Hi All-

Is there a way to tell that your name check and FP reports are complete prior to the interview? Is it true (I saw on another post) that name check needs to be complete prior to setting interview date?

Any insight appreciated
-- Gaude

Hi Gaude,

The one thing that you can be sure of when it comes to the USCIS is that nothing is for sure. Speaking for myself, the adjucating officer who interviewed me at the Dallas DO said that there were 3 or 4 interview candidates on the day of my interview, whose name check was pending. So, obviously, at least at the Dallas DO/TSC they don't seem to wait for the namecheck to be completed before scheduling an interview.

Good luck!

gaude88 said:
Hi All-

Any insight appreciated
-- Gaude

My case is with LA DO / SNA Sub office. My interview was scheduled prior my background check was completed.

ocworker said:
My case is with LA DO / SNA Sub office. My interview was scheduled prior my background check was completed.

Did they give you the receipt of the interview with "congratulations, you've seemed to fulfill all the requirements for your naturalization" or it was marked "it was not possible to grant your approval yet because.....".

Cheers :rolleyes:

luizpaulo said:
Did they give you the receipt of the interview with "congratulations, you've seemed to fulfill all the requirements for your naturalization" or it was marked "it was not possible to grant your approval yet because.....".

Cheers :rolleyes:

i got the "decision cannot be made...".

I waited for 2 months and I got my oath letter. went thru oath ceremony yesterday.

gaude88 said:
Hi All-

Any insight appreciated
-- Gaude
I waited 2 years for my interview. Whenever I called the 800 number or visited the LA DO, I was told that everything was fine, and that it just takes time. One of the officers told me that the waiting time for the interview could be more than 3 years. I figured he was from another planet... However, I was given the oath letter the day of the interview. My husband, on the other hand, was interviewed 6 months after his priority date, and he is still waiting for his name check to be completed (more than 2 years now).
My husband filed 8 months after me. If everything was OK with my case how come he was interviewed before me without his background check being completed? Go figure :confused: