Is there a specific format for the Birth Certificate???

Rohtak

Registered Users (C)
As all of you know Birth Certificates from different places in India are quite different in format etc. Is there a specific format or specific information/ official stamps etc. that the US Counsulate looks for? Also, I was born in an Army Hospital, and although I have the official Birth Certificate from them, the paper is more than 25 years old and doesn\'t photocopy well. I am part of the new NVC process where documents need to be sent to them for verification before they forward the case to the relevant counsulate. Some people say, though it is still not confirmed, that the NVC would require us to file originals (I am not sure if I would want to do that and risk losing the originals). Any suggestions as to what I should do would be appreciated. Also, when they ask for certified copies, is it okay to get them notarized here in the US or do they have to be atteseted by someone in India. I know there are multiple questions in this but I would welcome any help.

This is what I did

I have a BC in French as I was born there. I got it translated into English and got it certified from New York. What form/style, it doesn\'t matter as long as parents\' name is on it and your b\'date with place of birth is there.

That is all that I will take.

Hope this helps a bit,
Sonu

No Title

certified copies are not the same as notorised copies.. certified copies are ISSUED by the same authority that issued the original. So you will have to go back to your army hospital to get a certified copy of your birth certificate..

I\'m in the same boat as you and hope that the NVC does not ask us for originals. Any idea if we can switch to AC-140 even if you originally filed the 140 with CP option ??? That\'s beginning to sound like a tempting alternative.. Quicker and Smoother.. Just like a gillete shave ;-)