Is there a BCIS number for job verification?

cider_or

Registered Users (C)
Hi y'all,
Is there a phone number for employer to call and verify the eligiblity of the employee?

thanks

In general, no.

This is why we have to fill out the I-9 form.

What are you up to now?

In order to work, you have to present documents listed on the I-94 form. There is no other way.

Monday i have appointment to file up the paper work including I-9. so far i was able to gether some document adn that inlude:
leter from DHS (received sunday) saying that they could not issue me a duplicate notice of action for my I-485 application, however they issue me the case number along with my name on it.
Notice of action of EAD that i applied for online
Copy of Immigration judge
expired EAD with my alien number on it.

and this is what i found in USCIS site just this morning.

Employer-related Immigration Matters (USCIS Office of Business Liaison):
CALL: 1 (800) 357-2099
TDD: 1 (800) 278-5732

I think none is this will help you.

The receipt, case number etc for your I-485 is not relevant for the I-9 form.

Nor can a copy of the IJ order (even an original order) be used to satisfy the I-9.

An expired EAD is useless. And a pending renewal has no legal force, either.

And those phone numbers help only if an employer declines to accept acceptable documents.

You do not have acceptable documents to prove your work authorization.

Originally posted by cider_or
Monday i have appointment to file up the paper work including I-9. so far i was able to gether some document adn that inlude:
leter from DHS (received sunday) saying that they could not issue me a duplicate notice of action for my I-485 application, however they issue me the case number along with my name on it.
Notice of action of EAD that i applied for online
Copy of Immigration judge
expired EAD with my alien number on it.

and this is what i found in USCIS site just this morning.

Employer-related Immigration Matters (USCIS Office of Business Liaison):
CALL: 1 (800) 357-2099
TDD: 1 (800) 278-5732

You Social Secrety Card Plus DL would be enough. If you don't have the Social Secrety Card (The one doesn't show that you need a EAD), just go and get one, usually it will take about 2 weeks.

Just to keep you guys updated. today I went to the social security office to apply for unrestricted SS card. the lady as expected didn't know what i was talking about. first she told me, oh, with the EAD and this SS card, you will be just fine. I told her, this is costing me $120 a year. being prepared as other members from this group suggested, I showed her the memo. she looked at it, she disappeared for about 10minutes, came back asked me to file up an application and she will be contacting USCIS for verifications and that may take 1month. that was it. she took my old restricted SS card and told me to wait for the card.

anyway just wated to share the experience with y'all.

You gone get it soon

Cider,The same thing happened to me when I applied for unrestricted SS last year.they told me it may take more than a month to check with immigration but they send me the unrestricted SS after 11 days.
Thanks