Is the180 days rule applicable from RD or ND ??

sad woman

I know there has been HUGE confusion on this topic but at the risk of getting my head chopped off - can anyone please clarify whether its 180 days from RD or ND .
Thanks !!!

I485 issue

I have a questions .. if someone gets laid off 180 days after applying for I485 (with the new rule that you can change your employer after 180 days) ..how much time one has to find a new job ??

Hi ek_bechara... It does\'nt matter how much time, you should have a job when there an RFE or Interv

So that you have recent paystubs and employement verification letter. If no RFE or Interview does\'nt matter.

how many pay stubs ??

How many months pay stubs one need ? Last one/two/three months ? Do they ask employment letter or paystubs during interview ? I have heard now there is nothing like interview during stamping ?

When do we get RFE ?

When do we get RFE ? If RD is 06/01/01 then one shouldn\'t get RFE before they open the application. I think current VSC processing speed, not before two months. Am I correct ?

Before 180 days too ..

I think even if you leave the sponsoring employer before 180 days and the employer does not mess-up with your GC process, there should not be any legal status problem. One needs to have a job offer at the time of RFE or interview - if there is one. The only problem is if your case gets approved before 180 days from RD. I may be wrong - please confirm with an attorney.

No Title

Yes. That\'s correct. The key things here are: 1)your case is not processed by VSC for 6 months after filing. 2)your new job is in the same or similiar category.

So the whole problem here is the employer informing iNS?

So the whole problem here is the employer informing iNS about layoff? And if the employer doesn\'t inform then one can change job before 180 days of applying I485 also?