Is the I485 receipt copy really required while returning to the USA?

dan dan

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I was wondering if those of you who on a valid H1 and who have travelled outside the US post your experiences reagarding the I485 receipt, were you asked to produce it when entering the US ?

The reason I ask is because I do not have one and I\'m planning on going to India shortly. I\'m wondering if this is going to be a problem.

TIA

No Title

No. You don\'t need H1 receipt. Enter as if you don\'t know anything about 485. They won\'t ask anything about 485. Don\'t volunteer to tell anything. I traveled in Nov. immediately after filing 485.

No Title

dan dan-

If you have a valid H1 on your passport, that should be enough for travelling in out of US. The issue becomes complicated only if you "use" your EAD to work, then you would need an AP for travelling.

So long you are working on H1 (even though you have an EAD but are not using it), you would be fine. The need for aI-485 receipt doesn\'t even come in your case.

Good Luck

No Title

If you have valid H1, they may ask for the LCA(they asked me for that). But its better to keep it handy in case...