Is the EAD issued only after approval of I 140

NO EAD will be issued without approval of I-140.Both are independent as far as i know.
kmd7186

Couple of months ago, CSC used to do a prima-facie review of I-140 application before they approve EAD/AP. I am not sure if they still have that process in place.

Unitednations is right, if your I-140 gets picked up for processing earlier than your EAD, and if there is a RFE on 140, then the EAD goes on to 'HOLD' state. I am assuming that yours is a 'Concurrent filing'. I am a bit surprised as to why they pick I-140 (since the waiting times are almost a year) where the EADs are processed within 3 months. Nobody can really understand how USCIS works.....

Thanks for the reply

My I 485 ND - Dec 19,2003
FP1 in May 2004
Results received in May
LUD 6/10/2004

You can however, get the interim EADs at the local INS office (at least I got mine without any hassles -- if you don't count lining up at 5am and missing half a day's work a hassle :) )

Can I expect to get an Interim EAD (San Jose office) even if there is an RFE pending on my I140?
My 90 days will be up next week and I am wondering if I can try to get the EAD even if my 140 has a pending RFE.

Thanks.

byomkesh said:
You can however, get the interim EADs at the local INS office (at least I got mine without any hassles -- if you don't count lining up at 5am and missing half a day's work a hassle :) )

I am a newbie and I guess I am all confused about the entire process. I do know that there have been some major changes in the GC process (Like AC21 and all). I have couple of questions regarding the same

1) When can I apply for an EAD? (Do i have to wait till, it has been 90 days since applying 140 or 485)
2) What is the difference between an EAD and an interim EAD?
3) Which aspects of AC21 effects 140/485 process???

I know these are kinda lame questions for all you gurus out there, but I wanted to get a clarification of all my questions, at one shot.

Thanks Guys
CinciDUDE.