Is the date to early for the interview?

hjklop0

I applied for my citizenship 85 days before my 5th year as legal resident, went to my fingerprints and got my interview appointment letter, the date for this interview is two weeks before my 5th anniversary as legal resident, will I have a problem during my interview because of this? Thanks for any replay.

PD to interview in less than 3 months. Wow!! What District Office?

Someone asked this a week or two ago. I believe the consensus was that as long as the oath date is after your 5 years, you are good to go.

You should be able to search this site for the other thread.

Congrats

(just to let you know how lucky you are, my PD was Sept 19, 2005, my interview is finally scheduled for Oct 23, 2006 - and I had no fingerprint, name check or other problems).

hjklop0 said:
I applied for my citizenship 85 days before my 5th year as legal resident, went to my fingerprints and got my interview appointment letter, the date for this interview is two weeks before my 5th anniversary as legal resident, will I have a problem during my interview because of this? Thanks for any replay.

What is your DO out of curiousity?

Thanks.

My interview date is also within 3 months of my sending the application. Please check signature below.

Holy macro Batman!!!

I think that is the acceptable time frames.

Nebraska ain't that bad either. Time span from PD to ID for my spouse was 3 months 1 week.

I think IMHO, that when your names match "exactly", and I mean "exactly" to what is on the GC and the N-400, then you are good to go. The name check probably is returned within their specified times, like 72 hours or so, maybe a day or week tops. But if any thing does not match, including spaces and hyphens in the names, or names overflow from first into middle or vice-versa, then I think the name check takes longer.

How many people are in situation and have pending NC where names do NOT match exactly?

I believe the answer is "yes" -- but I don't think you can take the oath before the 5 years is up. Search the site -- there was a thread about this within the last month or so.

Hey, they scheduled the interview. They'll tell you if something is wrong.

NewlyMinted said:
Yes, you can. Be happy, you are very lucky.

Newly

Are you certain about this? Can you provide some more info i.e. is it in the INA law or policy/regulations of the USCIS? A link or reference, if any, will be helpful. TIA.

Actually, someone on another (current) thread got burned because of this. It might be worthwhile trying to proactively delay your interview -- give them a nice excuse (business trip or something) to push it out past the 5 year boundary.

If you search through yesterday or today's threads, you should find it.