Is the BCIS case status site down?

Getting the "The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found " message.

Why are we getting this new message, my guess is as good as yours....

Since 10:15am PST (1:15pm EST) on 9/11/2003,
the BCIS Case Status Online returns the following message for many cases not only I485 but also another types.
The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283
The database seems to be broken and not be fixed yet.

Hi

I have also go the same message. Case not found. Hope this does not mean another snag. I ams still waiting for the plastic card ( passport stamped) on 05/27

I just checked my status and got the same msg as you. No idea why so ?

But my wife's case , the msg changed to 'card ordered sept 8'.

-
GC approved and stamped 7/02/03.
RD Nov 21,01.

Looks like all-category approved cases show similar message. Probably has something to do with their database of approved cases only.

Jigesh

guys/gals

That is not the case. I have checked with my EAd card which is approved and with my 485 status which is pending.
In the EAD card it says the message "as per ram avataar"
But in my 485 it says regular message.
So it means that they have deleted/or taken out from their system all the records(which displays on the net) .

So looks like they care for performance in these case but not on improving the speed for 485 approval:mad:

I checked Approved cases from I-485 series that I scanned few days ago: all Approved cases cannot be found while all other cases (including Card Ordered cases) are still available in the website.

approved:/727, stamped:7/24, Cards:waiting
I also have the same situation AVM is old message, however online your case not found.....I hope it's for better..

My RD is NOV 2002

My RD is NOV 2002 but I cannot see any of my case status....485, 140, EAD, AP (EAD, AP and 140 are approved)...it is not possible that they removed access to the cases that are approved

BCIS online Status

Yes,When I checked my I-140 approval status yesterday and today it gave the message "status cannot be found".Previously it used say approved on june 2002.When I checked my I-485 status it says the status as fingerprint recieved and processing the application.Any Idea why the status of I-140 alone is giving this message?:mad:

I think this error made by some BCIS web programmers.
Maybe the guys are Americans and do not have GC experiences.

I think they are deleting the approved cases from the status enquiry database or may be they have a glitch with approved cases as soon the code for the approval is triggered it is not visible on the database anymore.

Bcoz I could not find any approved case there even some which are approved yesterday.

Looks like all the approved cases are being migrated to some other server. It's confirmed.
For what reason, god only knows.

Anyway, the bottom line is that if the online system says the message "The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found...",
it means that the case has been approved.

You can call up the NCSC to verify the same.

So, if the online system doesnot find your case, it's a reason to be happy.

goodluck,
ind15