Is the "60 day" rule really true??

green ocean said:
Call NSC at 1-800-375-5283 then press 1-2-2-6-1 then enter your LIN (or Texas) number, press 1 for correct then press 3 and then 4, you will be directed to an immigration officer, tell him....

green ocean are you sure about the last option 4?? it says if your applications which were filed together but have been seperated please press 4. i have tried 3 as the last option but that only connects to the national customer service.

i am really curious about 4. please reply

Option 4 will take you to an immigration officer at NSC, don't worry about what the message says, just ask the questions you have when they answer.

EB1OR@NSC said:
green ocean are you sure about the last option 4?? it says if your applications which were filed together but have been seperated please press 4. i have tried 3 as the last option but that only connects to the national customer service.

i am really curious about 4. please reply
I guess bubble 23 got you before me. Option 4 is the only way you can talk to a representative. Remember, you got nothing to loose.

green ocean said:
I guess bubble 23 got you before me. Option 4 is the only way you can talk to a representative. Remember, you got nothing to loose.

thanks very much guys for the clarification. i will give it a try. it has been more than 60 days since they received my RFE response and my I485 RD is 9/30/05

Counting last few days

Keeping my fingers crossed as 60 days ends with 23rd Jan Tuesday: See the below message on my case:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On November 24, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

Counting last few days

Keeping my fingers crossed as 60 days ends with 23rd Jan Tuesday: See the below message on my case:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On November 24, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

green ocean said:

You guys were right. I got through to NSC. However, the lady was not ready to divulge any information. I asked her about the status of my I485 and the fact that it has been more than 60 days since I responded to the RFE. I will try again next week and straight away just ask about my name check.

She also told me that they are going to ask USCIS to remove the 60 day thing as it does not mean anything.

I guess I will have to try my luck again with a better rep.

Called NSC

I called NSC regarding 485 status using "opition 4" listed above. Customer rep was very polite in answering. Apparently my case is undergoing "Background check". It usually take 6-8 months from the date of filing..for some people it may take longer upto an year for some much longer.

I've to keep my fingers crossed, as my case was filed in Apr-06. I have to wait to the eternity.

Ok finally I got a friendly NSC rep after using the option 4.
She told me that my Security Check is pending since November 2005. My RD is 9/30/05.

The infopass appointment before this was completely uselss as I got a stuck up officer who pretended that they only see what we see online and gave me round about answers. She would not divulge any information despite my probing.

But I am glad that I got this info from a more reasonable represenattive at NSC.

I guess I am in the security check muck for good.....

60 days still valid?

My spouse (dependent applicant) got the service request answer:

Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter. (Feb. 5).

I believe we are done with our name check, based on the infopass and both responses to our service requests.

Do you guys know if the 60 days rule was any valid (and respected) for applicants whose name check was clear?

The rule was true in my case

Needless to say, the 60 days rule was true in my case. We got approval days after we got the 60 day notice. Best of luck to all of you.

60 days was not true in my case

:( I had the following message from the LUD on RFE -

On January 12, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Needless to say, March 12 come and gone, and no approval and no change in the message. It's been 70 days and still counting.

I-140/I-485 RD August 10, 2006 ND August 29, 2006
I-140 PP AD October 18, 2006
I-485 RFE 11/03/06 replied 01/12/07 (letter of employment)