Is the "60 day" rule really true??

Fgsilva said:
By the way, I saw you got an RFE after you FP. What was the RFE for?

something about company offer letter and pay stub.
FP usually happens early in the process.
and my name check is still pending.

Maybe not :(

I got thru NSC. Unless the\ security check is finalized TODAY I won't have it approved by the "60 days" deadline! :( The person on the phone from NSC, after almost 5 minutes searching, finally said that "security check still pending; please allow at least 6 months for this to be processed".

But who knows?? There may still be a christmas miracle!!! :D

I have 60 days crap last 120 days.

I send reply to RFE on Aug 10.I have the same 60 days crap message..It means NOTHING....My PD date is not even current..

Fgsilva said:
I got thru NSC. Unless the\ security check is finalized TODAY I won't have it approved by the "60 days" deadline! :( The person on the phone from NSC, after almost 5 minutes searching, finally said that "security check still pending; please allow at least 6 months for this to be processed".

But who knows?? There may still be a christmas miracle!!! :D

I am not sure if there is a rule like 60 days. But I can tell you from my personal experince and many others that if your case is current and NSC says 60 days, you should almost certainly hear within 60 days. For us it was exactly 60 days when we received those magic emails for 485 approval.

Today is officially past the 60 days... But, since I called and they said name check was still pending I wasn't expecting it anyway... :(

vatsmala said:
I am not sure if there is a rule like 60 days. But I can tell you from my personal experince and many others that if your case is current and NSC says 60 days, you should almost certainly hear within 60 days. For us it was exactly 60 days when we received those magic emails for 485 approval.

Not for me at least! :(

Was not true for me. So far it's been 70 days... called and i'm stuck on name/background check.

EB1pending said:
My case is pending after RFE with NSC. Is this 60-day true?

Hey

Feelinglucky! how is it going? Did you get your EAD cards? Thanks for the words of encouragement. It would sure be nice to get the actually card before 12/9, because that's when I'm heading down to my home country. That way I wouldn't have to worry about renewing my H1B visa stamp.

feelinglucky said:
Don't worry you will have the GC soon.....

Hey Mr FGsilva

First at all happy hollydays for all of you. Does anyone knows if they take 2 weeks brake on Nebraska Service Center?

no idea

I have no idea. was going to call them to see if anybody was around.

Miamivice4u said:
First at all happy hollydays for all of you. Does anyone knows if they take 2 weeks brake on Nebraska Service Center?[/QUOT

Yes they are working

They are not taking the 2 weeks brake as someone noticed me before. I found out this cause i read in another forum that they had luds on 12/26/06. With notices telling them they were approved, or they have mailed papers on that date, so that means not brake for service centers, some of them dont beleave in christmas lol, so who knows by the end of the week we may be approved. I am just dreaming hehehe

Working and not happy!

I called today and got a person at NSC. She wouldn't say a word about my case. Went right away saying I wasn't supposed to call them directly and to call the national line if I wanted any kind of information. :mad:

I-485 Lud on 12/29/06 & 01/03/06 also

hi!

I too get the message after LUD on my I-485 EB3 PD 07/02 INDIA though I replied for my RFE on 07/2006 that message was like processing resumed now when I replied RFE for my wife on 12/28/06 I saw LUD on Both me & My wife LUD for 2 days with mesage to get update or written decision in 60 days. I called to customer service at NSC also she said case is officer call back in 30 days.What going on ??????any Idea why 60 days update or decision message though i am eb3 india with PD not current?????

GreenCard2010 said:
Hi,

do you remember what was the phone options to speak to live customer service, i can not go through ?

thanks,

Call NSC at 1-800-375-5283 then press 1-2-2-6-1 then enter your LIN (or Texas) number, press 1 for correct then press 3 and then 4, you will be directed to an immigration officer, tell him....

The "60 day" deal is not really any good. They put in the same message the sentence "if further processing is not needed" or something like that. In most cases that means name check still pending... :(

chanderjoshi said:
hi!

I too get the message after LUD on my I-485 EB3 PD 07/02 INDIA though I replied for my RFE on 07/2006 that message was like processing resumed now when I replied RFE for my wife on 12/28/06 I saw LUD on Both me & My wife LUD for 2 days with mesage to get update or written decision in 60 days. I called to customer service at NSC also she said case is officer call back in 30 days.What going on ??????any Idea why 60 days update or decision message though i am eb3 india with PD not current?????

it is not real

My friend filed his 485 in 2005. His RFE was received on 10-6-06. But he still did not receive an update yet. He made an inquiry and had to wait for another 45 days.