Is that helpful to drive to TSC center and directly talk to the officers?

willgetthere2

Registered Users (C)
I want to know, is that good to go to TSC center and directly talk to the officers? Anyone who has the similar experience, please share. Thanks!

as far as I know, TSC is like a black box, you wont even find a receiption or entrance to go through

Experience in Visit to Dallas local office

Here is my experience in visit to Dallas local office to check the status:
Case transferred from TSC to Dallas local office on 11/08/2004
1st follow up visit in Dec '04: Found my I-485 case is pending due to FP not initiated for dependents. The officer promised to issue FP notices
2nd follow up visit in Mar '05: The officer issued FP notices for 2 of my dependents during my visit. (It is another matter the FP notices promised in Dec turned up after FP was completed with these notices)
Found name check has not been initiated for my son who was 14 years old at the time of application in Feb '03. Filled up a form requesting USCIS to kindly initiate the name-check for my son.
3rd follow up visit in Apr '05: Confirmed the receipt of FP results but name-check is still not initiated for my son since they are waiting to bunch the name check requests together. Comment by the officer: Everything looks good but we are not scheduling any interviews now (done upto end July already) :mad:
Based on my experience I would say these visits do help to hasten the snail a little bit :(

Thanks for your post. I want to directly talk with some INS officers, because they always say my security check is pending, but I got the FBI email, confirming that my name check was cleared in Jan. 2004. I kept sending faxes to TSC, asking them to double check my security-check status, and update DB if possible, but my effort is useless.

Dallas03096, you went to Dallas local office, right? I think that is different from TSC center. I went to my local INS office several times, they let me contact TSC by fax.

Sometimes, I do feel frustrated.

Try followup thro Senator

Understand your frustration.
I did go to Dallas local office. (May be the case was transferred from TSC to Dallas local office since my penname is Dallas03096 ;) )
Please send your details to Senator / Congressman and ask them to check the case status. TSC does respond with standard replies after a long delay but certainly it helps in the sense someone in TSC will have a look at your file.
I got my I-140 approval by the follow-up through Senator Cornyn. However it did not help my I-485.