Is that good news for I-140 Backlog?

NC001

Registered Users (C)
H-1B Cap Reached, hope the USCIS will move the adjudicating forces from the H-1B production line to the I-140 production line soon

02/17/2004: H-1B Cap Reached

According to the AILA, USCIS announced that the annual H-1B cap reached as of 02/17/2004 and any cases which they would receive from February 18, 2004 would be returned to the senders with the filing fees. For the new H-1B filers, H-1B visa numbers will not be available until October 1, 2004. For the details, please see the AILA announcement.

02/12/2004: Thaw in I-140 Backlog on the Horizon

The I-140 processing has been experiencing a terrible delay for several months. There is a good news, though. Very soon, the H-1B annual cap is expected to reach and the USCIS is scheduled to move the adjudicating forces from the H-1B production line to the I-140 production line. Accordingly, people will see letters coming from the Service Centers in the mail, no matter whether it is RFE or outright approval or denial. Three groups of people have suffered most from the I-140 backlog. The first group is those who did not file concurrent I-140/I-485 to go for the consular processing rather than the time-consuming I-485 proceeding. This group includes Canadians, Europeans, certain Asians, and certain Mexicans/South Americans. The second group is those who had to change employment after 180 days of filing of I-485. Since the current USCIS interpretation of the AC 21 change of employer requires approval of I-140 petition, a number of I-485 filers in this group have lived in fear in the event that they lost employment or they face such crisis. The third group is those who are forced to process the immigrant visa outside of the U.S. upon approval of their I-140 petitions. Most typically, allied health care workers including nurses and those who live outside of the U.S. Please stay tuned!

Hopes

I will beleive it when I see it. We should start making noise about it the same way it is being done for the I-485.

RD Feb 18, 2003
FP July 10, 2003
AD ?

This seems to have helped 485s greatly as we see so many approvals everday in the last couple weeks. We are not seeing any improvement in 140s yet.

Guys ..Wish you all good luck. But do you know people have waited years (upto 3 years) after filing 485 in TSC whereas in other centers often they were approved within few months of filing .

SOME CASES that is the magic word. Some people got their labor ,140 and 485 approved in one year.

Those are all exceptional cases.

The pain is more for 485 :)) I hope you don't have to feel that)
because that is on top of going thru trauma of labour and 140

RFE Response Time

Does anybody know how long does it take the TSC to process the I140 application after it has received the information concerning a RFE. My I140 was filed on 15th December 2003, received a RFE on Jan 26th, 2004, replied to the RFE on March 1st 2004 and the online status confirms that they have received the response. It also states that at present it is taking 300-400 days for this kind of case but since the preliminary processing has been completed it might take a shorter time. Any ideas as to what the average time is?

Thanks

so fast ......

GC_4_Life

You applied I-140 on Dec 15 2003 and already got RFE .... that's fast.

May be you are those lucky ones:)

Was it your own labor or substitution ???

I applied with subs. labor on 11th Dec 2003 ... lets see if my luck turns around like urs. :rolleyes:

will_get_there