Is Textile engineer eligible to apply in the comp programmer category?

coolayer

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,
I\'ve done B.Tech in textile engg. After that I did six months ECommerce course from some private institute and then started working as a programmer.
Can anyone guide me if I\'m eligible to apply in the programmer\'s category.
In total I\'ve 2.5 yrs work experience. Recently, my H1B also got approved but due to slowdown, my employer is not calling me. So now I\'m thinking for Canada Immigration and i want to take it seriously.
I don\'t have any work experience in Textile industry, so i don\'t want to apply in that category.
Your views will be greatly appreciated

Total points count

Hi,

On the canadian web site(do not remember the URL), you can download a complete immigration kit. This kit contains a self-evaluation test. This contains points for each question. If the total of your points, exceeds a minimum, you are eligible to apply and most probably your application will be approved.

No Title

Thanx oblix for ur advice.
My total points are well above the threshold limit if I count the points for graduation and it is no where mentioned that the area of graduation shud match the area of profession. I only worry that the evaluating officer may think how come a textile engineer is working as a Software Programmer. Anyway, I\'m keeping a positive hope.
Thanx once again.
Cool

I\'ve got it done

They replied if my case is presented properly then I can qualify.
Does that mean I qualify?
Regards
Coolayer