is tb skin test mandatory?

jpre

HI,
I did not have tb skin test before, but my x-ray (within a year) shows fine results. Does anybody know if x-ray good result is enough for medial report, or I have to take the tb skin test? Thank you!

Jpre

jpre said:
HI,
I did not have tb skin test before, but my x-ray (within a year) shows fine results. Does anybody know if x-ray good result is enough for medial report, or I have to take the tb skin test? Thank you!

Jpre
skin test[ppd] is normally done before chest x-ray. infact chest x-ray is done only
if ppd is +ve. I believe USCIS doctors dont honor ppd's and chest x-ray's done outside USA so ......

TB Test

If you would like you can go to a Govt.run TB center and get tested for free they will do the test first and on getting a positive will ask you to come in for a X ray , in most cases the X ray will come clean and the Dr will write you a note declaring you fit.

Use that note for the Medical exam documents required, alternatively you can do the same with the INS approved Doc but he is going to charge you for this service.

Just don't waste your time here , make an appointment with USCIS designated doctor. The doctor will do whichever is required..after all, he/she is the one who will certify your medicals and sign the report. He/She will tell you what you are missing and administer any missing shots. Frankly, you do not have too much choice there..otherwise, you may complicate your medical paperwork for I-485 which may result in RFE...

jpre said:
HI,

Jpre
Hi JPRE,
By god sake dont take skin test. Even if the rash is 2 or 3mm you have to go for xray again. My wife took skin test and she tested +ve. The case went to CDC and we have wasted two days on this. Finally they agreed on xray results. This happened last week with my wife. Go for xray.
Thanks
KK

kriskish said:
Hi JPRE,
By god sake dont take skin test. Even if the rash is 2 or 3mm you have to go for xray again. My wife took skin test and she tested +ve. The case went to CDC and we have wasted two days on this. Finally they agreed on xray results. This happened last week with my wife. Go for xray.
Thanks
KK
FYI - No doctor will directly do a xray without PPD[skin test]. Also having a +ve PPD is no big deal as long as x-ray shows u dont have TB.

When I went in for my medical, they just did an x-ray. That way they cleared that part of the exam within minutes. The doctor told me I had tested negative before I left his office. That's much better than a skin test, you don't have to return 5 days later to check for a reaction.

we were advised by friends to ask not to do skin test and insist on X-ray, because skin test should be positive since we all had TB vaccinations in home country. You should ask immediately, when they fill the paperwork and before you go to the doctor.
We did that and no skin test, we got X-ray only (negative), had to also ask the doctor directly and explain why.
X-ray test was included in the total fee.

skin test - rfe

Hellow Friens,

Myself and dependents received RFE's for requesting TB skin test. Three years back out immigration doctor has taken only X ray for TB test. But rcentlt TX service center asked us for skin test results.

RS100
May 2002
AD ?

"We can get everything in life we want, if we help enough other people get what they want" - Zig Ziglar