Is student visa required for canadians to study in USA?

rahulbansalmit

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,
i am a canadian citixzen living in india for 15 years...i want to study in USA..is student visa required for canadians to study in usa?

It's practically the same thing. Only difference is that you obtain F-1 status after entering the US with an F-1 visa.

Depending on your profession or field of study, there are other options for study such as J-1 (which is often used by doctors). Also, if you are in the US with a work visa like H-1B, or TN (which is available to you as a Canadian citizen and is easy to get), you can study on the side while employed.

Can u telll me plz how different F1 status is from F1 visa? and how easy is it to get F1 status as compared to F1 visa?

F-1 visa is what allows someone to go to the border and request admission in F-1 status. As a Canadian you do not require a visa, and may request entrance to the US directly at the border with your I-20.

F-1 visa is what allows someone to go to the border and request admission in F-1 status. As a Canadian you do not require a visa, and may request entrance to the US directly at the border with your I-20.

Right now i am living in india..so does that mean that i can directly book a flight and go to the USA and at the airport show my I-20 and get the F1 status?

Right now i am living in india..so does that mean that i can directly book a flight and go to the USA and at the airport show my I-20 and get the F1 status?
Yes ... but the trick is to get the I-20 first, which includes not just being accepted at a US school but also showing that you have the money to pay for it (including money from sources such as scholarships).