is stamping prerequite to receiving plastic card?

For adults a visit to USCIS office is required to get fingerprinted before card can be ordered. Stamping is the ONLY legal valid proof of your LPR status until card arrives.
For children under 14 card is produced without fingerprinting and a visit to USCIS is not required.

nkm-oct23 said:
For adults a visit to USCIS office is required to get fingerprinted before card can be ordered. Stamping is the ONLY legal valid proof of your LPR status until card arrives.
For children under 14 card is produced without fingerprinting and a visit to USCIS is not required.

What about fingerprints taken before I485 approval? My question is - Can I get the plastic card without PP stamped or not?

yes it is.. the only evidence that you are still alive and live in US.. FP taken at the time of stamping goes on plastic card as well..

try4gc said:
What about fingerprints taken before I485 approval? My question is - Can I get the plastic card without PP stamped or not?
Fingerprints taken before approval are only used to verify criminal records. Fingerprint ( only index finger) taken after approval is what appears on your actual card.