Is something like this pending in front of congress or senate

thukralrk

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have recently received my GC (July 05). Per the USCIS website I'll need to wait for 5 years (-90 days) before I can file for Citizenship.

A friend of mine had mentioned sometime ago that there is a bill which is pending in front of Senate that calls for the 5 years period to be counted from the day when you filed for 485 not from the day when it was approved.

Is it true?

Thanks

Any news on Filing for Citizenship 5 years from when I-485 was filed for LC PR's

Does anybody know if there have been/will ever be any news on this topic ? It would be fair to allow people who have waited endlessly on GC while on adjustment of status, to apply for Citizenship 5 years after 6 months have passed after I-485 filing.

JoeF said:
And there are people who wait for over 20 years for their GC (family category 4, Philippines.) Why should certain employment-based people get preferential treatment?
Because--the 'AOS' filed, employment GC categories 'think' that those employees, they were paying all the taxes etc..(were already supporting Gov :) from the date of LC/140 filing,
where as the categories mentioned above are mostly -still only in thier home country, waiting to 'land' in US after getting GC.
And hence emp.category think they deserve this preferential treatment. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Above is Just for light reading and not for tugs ;)

By this logic illegals who have stayed over 10 years "paying taxes" should go straight to citizenship on getting their green cards.
Because--the 'AOS' filed, employment GC categories 'think' that those employees, they were paying all the taxes etc..(were already supporting Gov :) from the date of LC/140 filing,
where as the categories mentioned above are mostly -still only in thier home country, waiting to 'land' in US after getting GC.
And hence emp.category think they deserve this preferential treatment. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Above is Just for light reading and not for tugs ;)