Is security check for HIB and I485 different?

Kay2

Registered Users (C)
My H1B extension was approved after one year. They said they have to do security check. My 485 is still pending? Are Name check for both the same process or different process? Do they give me extension since they did not want to approve 485 now or something else? Thanks for information.

my 7th year extension, AP and EAD were approved recently ony after name check was completed, 485 pending I guess it has to wait till name check is updated!
Please post experience!

AP means Advance Parole Travel Document which will allow you to enter into US as a parolee if you travel outside the US. You will need it if you don't have valid VISA to enter into U.S.

Kay2 said:
My H1B extension was approved after one year. They said they have to do security check. My 485 is still pending? Are Name check for both the same process or different process? Do they give me extension since they did not want to approve 485 now or something else? Thanks for information.

did you get FP notice after H1 approved or before?

Finger Print

I did my third finger print about 10 days ago. It is funny when I got the notice the data they mailed it was the date they wanted me to get fingerprinted. I wetn to office and they did not mind to Finger print me even it was a late notice. The EAC number was also wrong. Anyway I did it.