Is RFE a common situation now?

jimmyk8888

Registered Users (C)
I was told by my lawyer today that INS is trying to put everyone through RFE. I don\'t think INS has the capacity to do that.
Does anyone has the number to the FBI to check on my FP status? It has been more than 2 weeks and nothing has been changed.

Thanks

I would expect RFEs to be increased

I guess considering the recent security concerns, INS coming under fire etc. RFE\'s would indeed become more frequent. But I dont think INS will deny any applications if the RFE can be satisified. The only problem would be a slight delay in the processing.

I hope your Lawyer is wrong.

I am sure, INS must be under lot of pressure after famous
"Student Visa" issue. I guess, all the folks who got their
I-485 approved before that were lucky. All the rest have to
just wait and hope that INS works on their applications soon.

We may never see the "FLOOD" of approvals and may be its time
for "FLOOD" of RFEs from INS.

No Title

jimmyk8888,

You are right, INS don\'t have capacity to send RFE to every one! It is possible that number of RFEs increased a bit in the recent past but people got approved without RFE is way more than those who got RFEs. Your attorney is absolutely wrong becasue we know several people who got approved in the recent past without any RFE. Probably your lawyer is trying to prepare you mentally to not to worry much even if you get RFE...

Good luck
PCee

well

the number of people posting messages has decreased quite a lot

count the number of approvals in the last 15 days and also count the number of people who posted that they received rfe

both have decreased

also the number of messages have also decreased on this board

I feel all this is strange

no hard numbers but just a guess

may be no new news to post ?

Rupnet is a just a place where the information is upto date, but the experience this forum gives is totally different, you can never know what exactly happened(sharing experiences) in the process at rupnet.

May be people don\'t have any new news from their side to post, so there may be less postings.