Is re-FPing reqd. by everyone over 15 mos.

sai-2367

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
As per my law firm, not everyone gets re-FP notices. Is it true.
I am due for re-FP(Ist FP on 4/22), and received an RFE on 7/10.
The online message shows the RFE info. When will I see a notice for Re-FP. Once again the law firm does not feel that I might see re-FPing. Is that true. Please reply.
The law firm is highly reputed.

-sai

Well, what does your law firm give as reason for the supposed exception? I hope it is more than just pure speculation or a poor attempt at consoling you.

Originally posted by sai-2367
Folks,
As per my law firm, not everyone gets re-FP notices. Is it true.
I am due for re-FP(Ist FP on 4/22), and received an RFE on 7/10.
The online message shows the RFE info. When will I see a notice for Re-FP. Once again the law firm does not feel that I might see re-FPing. Is that true. Please reply.
The law firm is highly reputed.

-sai

They say this based on their past experiences. That is what I am asking you guys. Is it possible. Maybe not .

-sai

I think everybody has to give FP if they are older than 15 months. Usually the second FP notice says " Your FP in the file has expired and need to be re-taken"

RD - 12/07/01
1 FP 1/29/02
2 FP notice Recvd - 7/29/03

2nd FP is not mandatory

As per my lawyer, an officer could mistakenly approve a case wherein the FP has expired.

However, I have yet to see a case (using the message board as a valid sample) whereby a case has been approved without the need for a second FP.

RD 12/18/01
FP 03/07/02
RFE Response Received by BCIS 07/03/03

No 2nd FP notice as yet!

They will have a checklist of all the requirements when they open your file, that need to be checked-off. One in that list is the fp.
When they opened your file and issued an RFE and at that time if the iio checks off everything else on the list(including the fp requirment), you will not get a 2nd fp. But if iio only gave an rfe and did not check off the other things on the check-list thinking that he will worry about it later after receiving the reply for rfe and when they reopen your file after receiving reply for rfe and find that your fp has expired then you will definetly get the 2nd fp. So it all depends whether the iio has checked off your 1st fp or not on the checklist???