Is plastic card forwarded?

RKJ

Friends,

I am not changing my current address but I am going to be out of the country for 2-3 months. I was planning on putting a mail forward request at the post office so the mail can be forwarded to my friend in Chicago, while I am gone.
When the plastic card arrives, will that be forwarded too or is there a potential problem with that?

No Title

It depends. Different post-guy maybe have different style. For general posts, no problem. But for the INS mail, it maybe put in your current address or return to INS.

It depends on the post office ...

It so happened that our postoffice returned the mail saying
"Attempted Not Known" on the envelope. TSC sent it back
to (guess what) to the same old address again. This time
the post office delivered it. And we went to the old residence
and got it from the current resident.

My card has not yet been received - it was posted Oct 16th.
I am patiently waiting and hoping for a miracle (just like it happened
with my wife).

No Title

In my case, it was forwarded. Funny thing (actually not funny) was that I notified INS of my address change 3 times (by telephone, by fax, and even in person at the time of passport stamping!), it was sent to my old address.

The envelope was just a plain envelope, so there is no reason that the post office refuses to forward it. They cannot even tell that it is from INS.

No Title

Quest when your wife did received her card.
Today I went to INS office for restamping. My card is back in Texas INS office. I have called them couple of times and everytime they told me that they will resend again. Today INS lady gave me another form to fill and asked me to send 5-6 times to INS Texas office then something will happen, that is how INS works.

Have your mail held instead of forwarded

Its better to have your mail held at the post office and authorize someone to go collect it. Certain post offices will not forward INS mail but are willing to hold it.