Is photo copy of I-765 receipt notice enough to get iEAD? or do I need the original?

Viswamohan

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have to apply for interim EAD at Newark, New Jersey INS next week as my EAD renewal application is pending with the VSC > 90 days and my current EAD is expiring on 2/18/04.

Could somebody please tell me if
I need the original EAD application receipt notice along with the other documents to apply for iEAD? Do they ask for original receipt notice at newark office?

or, is it O.K to apply with a copy of EAD renewal receipt notice?

Because, I have only a copy of receipt notice currently. My lawyer has the original.

Also, do I need to take a letter from the employer about the current employment status?

I spent lot of time reading this forum, it looks like some people are saying it is O.K to take the copy of receipt notice and some people are saying to carry the original receipt notice.

I would appreciate if somebody could tell me what exactly I should take.

Thanks in advance
Mohan

Original Not needed

because my lawyer had original notice. I had her fax me over and thats all i took along.

Infact I remember that I didn't even take 797 receipt notice of EAD.
All i took along were:
1. LIN# & A# for all my & wife's Application. 485 & 765 , which i had in an email from my lawyer.
Your A# is vital and they will lookup that in system.
2. Driving license for both of us.
3. Checkbook (in case they ask for any fee, which they didn't).
4. Passports ( I don't remember if guy saw them or not).

But doesn't hurt if you take copy of 140 ( recept or approval) & 765's recept notice.

My apps are pending with Nebraska.

K.

Its true in my case also. Last week I went to the local BCIS office along with my wife to get IEAD. All they asked is the 765 copy, (I had my lawer sent fax copy). And before issuing they need some form of Photo Id (either Driver license or Passport ).

But they issued only for 3 months. When I asked about it, they told if the service center didn't approved the case, again I can come and get another one for another 3 months etc..

All it took just 20 min. (But the Queue is very long to get your name called!!)

Hope this helps.

Thankyou chku.

Which local office did you go to?

Is there anybody who got iEAD from newark district office?