Is PCC from RPO necessary ??

JawadAlam

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I have been living in Chennai for the past 1.5 years. My passport was issued in Mumbai in 1997 and my wife's passport was issued in Thane (New Bombay in 2001).

When I checked with Mumbai and New Bombay RPO;s they declined to give us PCC;s since we live in Chennai (to get one we need to prove our residence at the respective RPO areas) ...

We have already recieved PCC;s from the Chennai Police Commissoner's office.

Now if I apply at the Chennai RPO, its the same procedure .. and I dont see what is different in a PCC issued from RPO v/s the one issued by the Police Commissioner Office.

Any one having similar experiances please do let me know.

BTW, it is taking upto 40 days for the Chennai RPO to issue a PCC.

and the good news is my Interview date is Sept 28.

Appreciate your thoughts. !

Jawad

JawadAlam said:
Hi All,

I have been living in Chennai for the past 1.5 years. My passport was issued in Mumbai in 1997 and my wife's passport was issued in Thane (New Bombay in 2001).

When I checked with Mumbai and New Bombay RPO;s they declined to give us PCC;s since we live in Chennai (to get one we need to prove our residence at the respective RPO areas) ...

We have already recieved PCC;s from the Chennai Police Commissoner's office.

Now if I apply at the Chennai RPO, its the same procedure .. and I dont see what is different in a PCC issued from RPO v/s the one issued by the Police Commissioner Office.

Any one having similar experiances please do let me know.

BTW, it is taking upto 40 days for the Chennai RPO to issue a PCC.

and the good news is my Interview date is Sept 28.

Appreciate your thoughts. !

Jawad

My Situation also kind of same as urs ,can u tell me how did u get the PCC from Chennai Commissioner Office i mean what is the procedure like
1) Do we need to prepare the format or Commissioner office will give the PCC in standard format
2)IF we need to provide the letter can you post what should be the format will look like , so that i can prepare the same
3)How much time will it take to get the PCC from Commisoner office.

I will let you know this week about getting the PCC from RPO.My wife is trying that this week.

:) :) :)

PCC from Chennai

Hi,

You need to goto the Police Commisioners office, near Pudupet (Egmore Area). and goto the "Intelligence Section". There you need to submit an application along with proof of residence, and two photos.one each for you and your wife and copies of passports.

Here after, the police will come to your home for verification and then you can collect your PCC from the same place.

The format of the PCC contents are standard and you need not give them a template.

Overall it may take upto 2 weeks for this whole process..

Below is the format of the application to be submitted.

Hope this info helps.

************APPLICATION FORMAT*******************
To,

The Commissioner,
Chennai Police

Chennai Date

Sub: Issuance of Police Clearance Certificates

Dear Sir,

Please treat this as a joint application of me <XXXX> and my wife <XXXX>. We have been living in the city of Chennai since <Date>. We have applied for immigration to USA, for that the embassy of USA would need Police Clearance Certificates.

My current residential address is
<Address>

I have attached herewith my proof of residence in the form of photocopies of telephone bill and my bank statement. Also along are photocopies of our passports.

We would be glad, if you would issue us the Police Clearance Certificates and do the needful in this regard.

Thanks very much,
Regards,

.Encl