Is passport stamping at SFO possible instead of SJC?

DesiInDistress

Registered Users (C)
I was wondering if anyone has tried getting his/her passport stamped at SFO even though processing was done using San Jose as location?
I keep hearing that SFO has less hassle than SJC for passport stamping! Any thoughts?

Thats good news.

If this is true, then I think people should go to SFO instead of waiting in line for hours in San Jose.

Beware

I have heard that they are turning people away at SFO if they are from other centers. This is because lot of people were going from san jose area to SFO.

yamagu

regarding turning away people from service centre is that in connection with fingerprinting

or is that in connection with green card stamping

just wanted to clarify

So.. once again... has anyone done it?

Or is there anyone who knows of anyone who has done passport stamping at a different location than specified? It\'d be dumb to go to SFO instead of SJC just to be turned away after waiting in line there! Then you\'d just end up standing in line here at SJC!

DesiInDistress check if there is a way to book an appointment at SJC center

I think it should be possible to book an appointment.

But that is just my guess. Any one out there has experience
in this matter, post it in this thread...

-Sangli.

No Title

rsrgc,
It should be w.r.t. Stamping only! Because yamagu wrote "...This is because lot of people were going from san jose area to SFO" and as far as I know San Jose never turned away any one w.r.t. FPs and every one including people from other ASC preffered to go to San Jose for early FPs.
-PCee

Thats true!

I went to SJC to FP and it was very quick- doesn\'t make any sense if people went all the way to SFO to do FP.

Problem is that how can one ask for an appointment even before I-485 is approved! And once its approved, I hear that it takes over a month to get an appointment! (I do believe there is some form that my lawyer can fill out to get an appointment- just that I don\'t trust information from my lawyer regarding when I can do what! he\'s incompetent- costed me extra years in GC processing)

Stamping @ SFO Be ALERT !!!!!

Hi I got approved for me and my wife.

RD : 03/20/01
ND : 04/10/01
No EAD / AP
EB2 - India
FP : 11/03/2001 as scheduled @ Oakland (both)

AOS Approved : 01/28/2002 as per AVM (both)

Received Approval notice in mail on 02/01/2002
Went for stamping at SFO on 02/04,

They asked for I-94 , Two ADIT
photos and passport, when called. Apparently, they came back after
a while asking for I-94, !!! Surprise ... even after giving the I-94
how come they are asking I-94 (only for me), I was shocked..
I gave little more details about the conversation, I had with the
person, then he said okay let me check... After 45 minutes of waiting
, he called again and gave us Passports with the Stamp onto it.
When asked about I-94, he said, it was lying on the floor...
God, I was lucky that he found it, so guys make sure that you stample
in Middle and Sideways your I-94 otherwise, you may face some issue
like me.

ALL the BEST for all guys out there ... things are moving bit fast ..

cheers ...

James