Is oath letter recd @interview ? and Travel after interview

stuck_in_a_hole

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,

My interview date is set for 05 June in Houston. Heard there is a oath ceremony on June 10th.

Do they give out the oath letter at the end of the interview ?

What are the chances that I can take oath on that day since it is so close to the interview date ?

Can we ask for a certain oath date at the interview ?

Are there any complications to watch out for if I travel (for about 30 days) outside the country after the interview but before the oath ceremony.

Hi gurus,

Are there any complications to watch out for if I travel (for about 30 days) outside the country after the interview but before the oath ceremony.

Just remember you need to maintain eligibility for N-400 until date of oath. So, no problems with travel, as long as it doesn't affect your lenght of time outside the USA etc.

It is after the oath that you cannot travel internationally until you receive a US passport.

Do they give out the oath letter at the end of the interview ?
Depending on your DO answer is different. Some DOs give you oath letter and some of them sent via mail. Most of the DOs send via email in 3-4 weeks.

What are the chances that I can take oath on that day since it is so close to the interview date ?
Very small change.

Can we ask for a certain oath date at the interview ?
Again some DOs yes you can however this is a small chance.

No complications to travel for 30 days if you are not exceeding your total amount of limitation to stay outside US.

Hope these helps.

Just remember you need to maintain eligibility for N-400 until date of oath. So, no problems with travel, as long as it doesn't affect your lenght of time outside the USA etc.

It is after the oath that you cannot travel internationally until you receive a US passport.
Can we still travel to Canada by land with the Naturalization Certificate?