Is no news a good news

IN2US15

Hi guys,
Many of us have been waiting for long periods after the asylum interview. Many a times I have heard that no news is a good news after the interview. The reason being if they were to deny, they would do it quick and shorten the queue. But the lawyers whenever asked about this, always tell you not to try to read between the lines and they don't actually agree with that. My lawyer also says that and if you read Jason's answers on asylumist.com, he also says the same thing.
If all the people here old and new members can share if they know somebody who got denied after long time and please share that indicative timeline please. At least that gives us an activity to do while we wait.:)

Also seniors who have been approved please share how long it took you to get the decision after the last interview , if you had multiple interviews .

As far as my case is concerned I applied for asylum in 2012 in December and I got my fingerprinting done in two weeks and I in next two or three weeks I got my interview done and I was told at the interview that my case would be most probably be approved and I got my asylum approval letter in one week so the whole process for me took on the five or six weeks ...that daywas the happiest day of my life.however I do want to add that I am single and my case was pretty strong my lawyer told me that I should get approved. I went to interview by myself and I was sure that I convince the immigration officer.
This forum was extremely helpful to me I was getting lots of help from my seniors I applied for green card after one year of getting asylum approval .my green card process was pretty smooth and fast as well and I got my green card without an interview I think in one month.I do understand people going through this process sometime this process can be long and I have seen many of my friends who went up line for asylum when I was applying and they are still waiting for that decision...
As of now just three days or four days ago I applied for US citizenship I am waiting for receipt from immigration...I really hope that the process will be fast this time as well.
But I was never always lucky ,when I applied for a visa to come to United States my name was stuck and it took more than one year for me to get the US visa I was hanging in the air if my visa will be Approved..
So I pray for all the brothers and sisters that your case will be approved as soon as possible I do know how hard it is and how much pain it is .

I left islam... which is puinishable by death in islam and i am from a hardcore muslim country and i was getting threats here in usa from pakistan... i had all the proofs... and i had 100s of documents supporting my case.... letters from top us professors that i should be granted asylum etc

I would suggest all whom interview comming to see movie called "well founded fear"....tell the truth... be confident and try to put officer in your shoes...your story should be consistent.. I was told not to cry aloud during interview I end up crying because I couldn't control my emotions I was also laughing during the interview when there was a point To laugh....immigration office interviews every hour, they are highly trained and professional do not underestimate them . They pick every verbal and nonverbal cues...they are trained to catch lies...by looking at eye contact and behavior. It is very hard to decieve them...dont try to decieve them... tell the truth and stick to it and explain why it is a problem...dont exagurate it...you are facts must be backed up by a strong evidence rather than stories they listen stories every day...