Is Naturalization a “RIGHT” or “PRIVILEGE”?

Is Naturalization a “RIGHT” or “PRIVILEGE”? Please vote.

• Right

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Privilege

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Publicus said:
That's so true. We must all act NOW. No more talk about driver licenses, privileges, or babies. Let's lobby Congress.

I'm trying to put togheter two letters:
-A thank you note for the Congresspeople who voted against
-A protest note for the ones who voted for it.

I'm planning to fax these letters over. Question is do you have handy a site or a link where we can see who voted yes or no so I can send the appropriate letter, hopefully to each of them?

JoeF said:
Agreed. But it is reality, anyway, and not preventable, unless you turn the US into a police state. They are here, and we just have to work with that reality.
I cannot agree, illegal immigration MUST be stopped, it will destroy everything the US and most other Western countries stand for.
I'm a legal immigrant and had to go through the official channels, so I strongly believe that everyone else should do the same, not crawl under the fence, or run across the border, or hide in trains, ships or any other means of transport. We've all heard of illegal immigrants subjecting themselves to pain or even death to enter a western country, surely they are only trying if they hear that if they make it they will be allowed to stay.

I have nothing against immigrants, I am one!

The 'reality' you refer to is not acceptable and it IS preventable, sorry!

Neither ! Looks like it is luck(s) with sucks

Following the thread closely, it appears it is neither a right nor a privilege. It is luck. If one gets approved and gets through it was his right or he did not have the privilege to have the right.
Thanks,

JoeF said:
Agreed. , unlessBut it is reality, anyway, and not preventable unless you turn the US into a police state. They are here, and we just have to work with that reality.
Gimmeshelter said:
I cannot agree, illegal immigration MUST be stopped, it will destroy everything the US and most other Western countries stand for.
I'm a legal immigrant and had to go through the official channels, so I strongly believe that everyone else should do the same, not crawl under the fence, or run across the border, or hide in trains, ships or any other means of transport. We've all heard of illegal immigrants subjecting themselves to pain or even death to enter a western country, surely they are only trying if they hear that if they make it they will be allowed to stay.

I have nothing against immigrants, I am one!

The 'reality' you refer to is not acceptable and it IS preventable, sorry!

Gimmeshelter,
You're absolutely right...but don't waste your energy on this subject, some people can't understand or pretend they can't understand this. (or both :eek: )

Last edited by a moderator: