Is Name Check initiated after BIO 3?

chang1428

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Can someone clarify if name check is initiated before or after BIO 3? If some one has not received his BIO appointment even after 11 months of RD, could this delay be due to name check?

Thanks

Hi,

Can someone clarify if name check is initiated before or after BIO 3? If some one has not received his BIO appointment even after 11 months of RD, could this delay be due to name check?

Thanks

USCIS initiate your name check as soon as they get your I-485 application. I did apply in 06/2004 and I have been stuck in name check since them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Exilado99,

Thanks for ur comments. How I can find out that I am too stuck up in name check? Did u get news from USCIS that ur name check is awaited?

Thanks

You can call the 800 number or e-mail them and ask why your case is taking that long or use any excuse just to find out about your case, someone along the way is going to tell you about, I just hope that you are not stuck there.
Good luck my friend.

Name check is initiated as soon as I-485 is received.

Biometrics and name check are a seperate issue. My notice date is 09/2005 and I submitted code 1(02/2006) and code 3 biometrics(06/2007). My application is complete according to my lawyer and I e-mailed TSC a few days ago asking them what is taking so long since other cases filed after me have been approved. They responded this past monday saying that my name check has been pending since 2005 :( So I guess the recent biometrics were just because my last my biometrics were over 15 months ago and nothing to do with name check. Hope that helps and good luck to everyone stuck in this name check thing.