Is my lawyer lying

gita1974

Registered Users (C)
All,
I was scheduled for my citizenship interview at the Dallas DO. My lawyer did not attend (he said he got stuck in traffic). The Immigration Officer told me that he needed a couple of days to decide whether or not to approve my application. I was angry that my lawyer did not show up and I gave him a good piece of my mind. He said he would call up the immigration officer and talk to him about the status of my case.

My lawyer called me back yesterday saying that he had spoken to the officer (the name of the officer is on the paper that I received at the time of interview) and that the officer had told him that my application was approved and a letter would be mailed shortly.

Is my lawyer lying to me ? can he really talk directly with the immigration officer ? your thoughts are appreciated.
thanks
Gita

Gita,
No one can predict if your lawyer is lying or not.
What I do know is that AILA lawyers (practising for a number of years in the jurisdiction of the same DO) build personal/professional relationships with USCIS officers. Thus they have access to those officers via telephone and it is very much possible your interviewing officer may be a friend/acquaintance of your lawyer. Give it a few days and see what happens. Out of sheer curiosity, why did you need a lawyer? You don't have to answer this if you don't want to!!!

gita1974 said:
All,
I was scheduled for my citizenship interview at the Dallas DO. My lawyer did not attend (he said he got stuck in traffic). The Immigration Officer told me that he needed a couple of days to decide whether or not to approve my application. I was angry that my lawyer did not show up and I gave him a good piece of my mind. He said he would call up the immigration officer and talk to him about the status of my case.

My lawyer called me back yesterday saying that he had spoken to the officer (the name of the officer is on the paper that I received at the time of interview) and that the officer had told him that my application was approved and a letter would be mailed shortly.

Is my lawyer lying to me ? can he really talk directly with the immigration officer ? your thoughts are appreciated.
thanks
Gita
Yes, Triple Citizen is right. Some lawyers have a personal realationship with USCIS officers. But it is hard to predit whether your lawyer is speaking the truth or not. Wait at least a month and then schedule an InfoPass.