Is my background OK for NIW?

HK99

MS degree;

1 year working experience in industry;

Now in the 4th year of Ph.D. degree;

10 publications (6 1st author, 3 2nd author) and 1 book chapter (1st author); (two more papers in preparation)

8 abstracts for international conference;

Thanks a lot for your reply!

This is all wonderful. Now how does this affect the national interest of the US?

You should read the sticky posted above regarding NIW petitions, and post more details regarding your work itself for people to give their opinions.

HK99 said:
MS degree;

1 year working experience in industry;

Now in the 4th year of Ph.D. degree;

10 publications (6 1st author, 3 2nd author) and 1 book chapter (1st author); (two more papers in preparation)

8 abstracts for international conference;

Thanks a lot for your reply!

If you can demonstrate that your experience and achievements are relevant to some major all-national issues (e.g., health problems, security, energy etc.), you will have good chances with your NIW petition.
Also, the most important thing about your publications is that they must yield some attention from independent scientists (citations) to prove that you already became a recognized scientist in your field of endeavor.
The other key thing is to get a few recommendation letters from independent scientists not directly connected to you/your supervisors.

The best of luck!

My research work is about diabetes and liver fibrosis.

the major problem for me is I haven't finished my Ph.D yet.
btw, I wanna buy a DIY package, any good suggestions for where to buy the package.
Thanks again for all your kind help.

HK99 said:
the major problem for me is I haven't finished my Ph.D yet.
btw, I wanna buy a DIY package, any good suggestions for where to buy the package.
Thanks again for all your kind help.

In your case I would recommend first talking with an experienced lawyer to determine if you have a realistic chance in NIW. DIY kits might help you to collect all evidences for your petition but first you have to find out if it is worth for you to go for NIW (which I have at least some doubts since NIW is today more or less EA combined with national interest and I am not sure if you fit already into this categories.) BTW, were personally invited for to write this book chapter by the editor or did you wrote it with your supervisor and he was invited by the editor ?

honkman said:
In your case I would recommend first talking with an experienced lawyer to determine if you have a realistic chance in NIW. DIY kits might help you to collect all evidences for your petition but first you have to find out if it is worth for you to go for NIW (which I have at least some doubts since NIW is today more or less EA combined with national interest and I am not sure if you fit already into this categories.) BTW, were personally invited for to write this book chapter by the editor or did you wrote it with your supervisor and he was invited by the editor ?

Thanks for your comments. My boss was invited and I wrote it.
I will find a lawyer to consulate my case.

HK99 said:
Thanks for your comments. My boss was invited and I wrote it.
I will find a lawyer to consulate my case.

Than it won't help you too much for your petition