Is M.C.A. considered as equivalent to US Masters by NSC or not?

perm2005

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have filed my 140/485 concurrently at NSC in the EB2 category with the notice date of 10/13/2005. I did my Bachelors (3yrs.) in Mathematics and M.C.A (3 yrs.). I am getting nervous after I have seen I-140 RFEs thread. Actuly my labor has got approved through PERM and the requirement that has been mentioned in my PERM appllication was MS in computer applications or Engineering. The question "Foreign equivalent education is accetable" has been checked to "YES".

So please give me reply if anybody out there whether my M.C.A. is equivalent to U.S. Masters or not?

Thanks in advance.

NSC is not accepting any 3 year degree. You have MS but you did not have US BS. So It's the big issue. So it will be denied if you use ETA 750.

but, NSC not denaing any 140's which are applied with PERM Labor..

perm2005 said:
Hi,

I have filed my 140/485 concurrently at NSC in the EB2 category with the notice date of 10/13/2005. I did my Bachelors (3yrs.) in Mathematics and M.C.A (3 yrs.). I am getting nervous after I have seen I-140 RFEs thread. Actuly my labor has got approved through PERM and the requirement that has been mentioned in my PERM appllication was MS in computer applications or Engineering. The question "Foreign equivalent education is accetable" has been checked to "YES".

So please give me reply if anybody out there whether my M.C.A. is equivalent to U.S. Masters or not?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks A0001

A0001 said:
NSC is not accepting any 3 year degree. You have MS but you did not have US BS. So It's the big issue. So it will be denied if you use ETA 750.

but, NSC not denaing any 140's which are applied with PERM Labor..

A0001,

Do you know any of your friends with PERM labor that got their I-140 approved with M.C.A or MS in Computer Science with 3 yrs Bachelors?
If you do please share with me the details.

Hi,

I filed my 140 & 485 concurrently in April'04 @NSC under EB2 with M.C.A as masters.Still 140 is pending.I haven't recd any RFE on 140 so far.I got RFE on 485 asking that marriage certificate,spouse birth certificate.We responded on 06/13/05 and did FP thrice.485 also pending.don't know whats going on with NSC.

Mahi

Hi Mahi4u,

mahi4u said:
Hi,

I filed my 140 & 485 concurrently in April'04 @NSC under EB2 with M.C.A as masters.Still 140 is pending.I haven't recd any RFE on 140 so far.I got RFE on 485 asking that marriage certificate,spouse birth certificate.We responded on 06/13/05 and did FP thrice.485 also pending.don't know whats going on with NSC.

Mahi

Please keep me posted if you will have any updates, will do the same.

Thanks in advance.

mahi4u said:
Hi,

Mahi

Did your attorney send any enquiry to NSC that why they were taking so much time to process your case? Actually the processing dates are showing right now they are processign 09/01/2005 for EB2 category.

Yeah..recently my attorney initiated an enquiry with USCIS on my 140 case...but nothing special.See below their response.

"Your application/petition is currently pending,When a decission has been made you'll be notified in writing.Thank you for your patience.".

Have you seen any rejected EB2 cases with M.C.A degree @NSC.If so pl let me know.

I'll keep you posted.

Mahi

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a reason for my I-140 pending?

Please see my signature, my attorney had file my I-140 and I-485 concurrently at California Service Centre under EB2 category, and my I-140 is also pending for an year. I got an RFE for my I140, and we have submitted a color copies of my 3 year Bachelors, 1 year anna university diploma in computer science and applications, 3 years MCA with copies of all all W2 since my priority date. We got an answer thro lias"I-140 is with an Officer" thro Liaison committee. I inquired for my I-485, and it is pending for name check with FBI. Thanks.

-Thaniks

Guys,

Would be great if we could start new thread for who filed concurrently EB2 cases @NSC with M.C.A degree.So that we can keep track of the cases.

Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mahi

MCA would be ok.

Hi Mahi,

So far you have equivalent in LC, no problem. I have 3 years B.sc Computers and 2 years M.sc computers. My I-140 application approved without any RFE.
My batch mates have M.C.A degree they got GC thru NSC without any problem. So if you have equivalent in LC, relax. You will be fine. Happy Diwali.

Thanks.

mahi4u said:
Guys,

Would be great if we could start new thread for who filed concurrently EB2 cases @NSC with M.C.A degree.So that we can keep track of the cases.

Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mahi

I- 140 approved and M.C.A. with 3 yrs. Bachelor's would be O.K.

Hi,

I wanted to update all of you with my I-140 current status.

When I have checked my case status on USCIS website, the current status is being shown as

This case has been approved. On October 31, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Here are my case details are: EB2 (I-140/485 filed concurrently)

Filing dates are same for I-485 and EAD as I-140.
I have filed AP also on the same date but I have not yet received receipt #.

Qualification : M.C.A (3yrs.) and B.Sc. (3yrs.) in Mathematics.

Application Name Filed Date Approval Date

Labour(PERM) 08/16/2005 09/13/2005
I-140 09/29/2005 10/31/2005

I-140 denied

Hi perm2005,

Where did you do your education evaluation ?

I have also the similar kind of problem right now. First they denied my I-140 because of "3yr. bachelor degree is not equivalent to US Bachelors" and asked us to appeal at AAO. But so far we have not heard anything from them.

I have my MCA 3 year degree and B.Sc 3yr degree from India.

Can I have your number perm2005 ? You can e-mail me at suresh1228@yahoo.com

Thanks,
-Suri

Mahi,

Is this the link between people who have pending I-140 from a year or two back. I too have an MCA and mine has been pending since dec 2004

So thats the link. Most of the people who have pending 1-140 seem to have and MCA. Let me post a new link so that we can get an idea.

Hi Sensat,

I have a US master's degree, but applied in EB3 category since I used a substitue labor filed in EB3 category. My I-140 is also stuck in security check like few others. I dont think education has anything to do with pending I-140's. My 2 cents.

sensat said:
So thats the link. Most of the people who have pending 1-140 seem to have and MCA. Let me post a new link so that we can get an idea.

Hello all,
I'm an MCA as well and my 140 has been pending since Jan 2005. On enquiring they said that 'its pending overseas verification'.

Column 14 And 15.

Hi tony or all,

Please specify what is given in column 14 and 15.

Mine says :
Column 14 : Masters
Column 15 : Experience can be substituted in lieu of Masters degree.

since I am from the East coast and all the I140s are moving from Vermont to Nebraska and my lca DOES not have the word equivalent, it is worth starting a new PERM.

I-140 Approved.

My 140 has been approved on Apr 7th, 2006.

No RFE's and No LUD Changes. Got approval email.

I have got MCA degree.

Now, Have to wait for Priority Date.

Good Luck Everybody.

Mjee.