Is LUD a prelude to good news?

longGC

Registered Users (C)
This has been discussed earlier in many threads but since LUD (Last Update Date) feature is new to us, the experience could be different. We may have many more to contribute so that we can possibly make some conclusions.

Today I noticed that my LUD was changed to June 21, 2004. I did not receive any e-mail. It has been my observation that any change in on-line status comes a day after the date of change. May be the person entering data is a different person and could be updating data the following day.

So the question is, is LUD a prelude to good news if your case looks good? Or does it simply mean nothing and should be ignored?

Please post your experience of LUD,

A. LUD was followed by good news ( apporval of I-485, EAD, AP etc.)
B. LUD was not followed by any change, including status change of your case.

Yes! You will hear good news soon!

Keep your fingures crossed. Your approval is around corner. Good luck!

My LUD for all applications were changed on 06/03/04, although AP and EAD were approved before 06/03/04. Nothing has changed since that, no approvals yet. :confused:

ND: 04/22/02
FP: 06/03

Some times it takes around a month since LUD change until we hear good news. I got my EAD/AP approved after little more than one month of LUD change.

I have posted my experience in the ealier LUD thread, but just for the sake of discussing, I'm repeat my story again. We (spouse and I) applied for our 3rd EADs and APs in early February. EAD got approved without any LUD change. AP are still pending. On 6/8/04, I called the 1-800 number and set an inquiry for our APs. Then several days later, one 485 LUD changed to 6/14/04 ( no email, no status change), and this is the derivative applicant's 485. No changes for APs and the primary applicant's 485. I tend fo believe that the AP inquiry actually triggered the 485 LUD change. That's pretty much of it. So far, have not heard anything for either AP or 485. Will keep you guys posted if there is any update.

My LUD was changed on April 28th 2004 and I got approved on June 1st 2004. Not very sure about the correlation but looks like there should be some relation.

pa55

LUD changing frequently & RFE ACK Changed itself changed

RFE ACK Changed from 21st April to 21st Jun
After that , LUD changed from 21st jun to 22 Jun.
Then from 22nd Jun to 23rd Jun.

RD/ND Jan 2002
FP Feb 2003
RFE issue 7th April 2004
RFE ACK 21st April 2004
Officer #289
AD ???????????????
waiting more than 60 days

Last edited by a moderator:
YESS...... It is a prelude to good news. Just got e-mail that my case has been approved. Ya.. hoo...

longGC,
I'm so happy for you!!!! You should make your case approval a totally new thread so that a lot of people who care you can share your happiness!!!
It indeed is wonderful. You deserve it and all the best!!!

I noticed that in most of the cases the status changed is done the following day. I received another set of e-mails telling me about my child's approval at 7:15 EST. This tells me that someone in TSC is still working past 6 PM CST. My guess is, these are contract workers who do data entry jobs of updating status. I have also seen postings by few people who wrote that they had received approval e-mails on saturday. This confirms that like many file and case handlers, these status changers could be contract workers and not TSC officers.

Yesterday, I got an e-mail of status change. Today it was approved. This could mean that yesterday the file was physically given to case officer. This tells me that if the papers are OK, the officer does not take more than a day to approve.