Is it true?

VellaMunda

Registered Users (C)
Some one told me that in old times, INS used to keep track on inquiries done by filers. The more inquiries you make, the longer it will take to adjudicate your case. I know for sure Canada does it and specifically mentions this on their immigration web site.

Now that case tracking system is online, is it possible that now USCIS keeps track of the number of times 485 filers inquire about their case status? I know I am sounding crazy, but I wanted to know if others have heard this too.

Thanks

I think this is just a rumour started by the BCIS so as to decrease the volume of calls that they have to handle. When you have an agency that takes upto 3 years to adjudicate a case that used to previously take 8 to 12 months to process it is but natural that people are going to call them.
Especially now that one has been completely cut off from the service centers it makes no sense for them to implement such a procedure.

Not at all TRUE!!

Do not believe on these kinds of rumors.

Some one is trying to confuse you.

Take it easy and relax...wait for your approval.

that would be illegal

if they are doing it without warning anybody, with a help of an on-line system, that would be illegal.

So don't worry about it.

Anybody can check anybody's case number online, so if they were to judge by how many times a case was checked online, it would not make sense.

However, if you consistently ask to speak to an officer, they will remember you. As with any customer service related industry, the reps all talk about the "annoying customers", and they exchange their stories among themselves.