Is it true that NC wait could be applied towards citizenship?

ms_asif

Registered Users (C)
I recently got my I-485 approved (just this week) after a waiting for NC for 4yr, 3mos,2wks. Thanks to all here who supported me in this odyssey. For those who haven't received it yet, I think my case is a good example that your app should get approved soon.

I heard that one can count the time waited in name check towards citizenship. Can one hear confirm this and provide other relevant details like how much time of the total could be applied, if it is allowed at all.

Thanks in advance.

"Not Correct" How so?

Logically it should be;it might be; in the light of new memos.
Question would be how will the time be computed?
Because people have spent ton of time in NC BS.

Its a tricky question, because people are spending average 3-4 yrs in getting their GC. (Of course not talking about EB1 and similar category)

out of the 3 stages of GC few spends time in their Labor, few of them in 140 and lot of them in 485. (Depends on courtry of birth also)

In that case correction should come stating that if you spend more than legitimate or documenated time to process every step of your GC. then that time needs to be recaptured for your citizen ship.

Its a big statement and to buy this statement there needs to be effort done..

I'm +ve people and glad to see atleast few people are thinking in the same direction.

I have not read any material on this, so I cannot back it up with any substantial evidence. From what I have heard, Citizenship application does require its own set of security and background checks which may include the name check.

Stoned!

"Not Correct" How so?

What I was answering was that there is no memo to that effect at this time. So it is not correct to say the wait time would be counted towards citizenship.

then USCIS will give me direct Citizenship inplace of GC. :D lol..

"Not Correct" How so?