Is it true that INS stopped issuing iEAD\'s now

CS485

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys, I hope its not true........
A co-worker of my friend was laid off last week. He went to SFO INS for iEAD. He was told by the INS that they stopped issuing iEADs because of some new regulations from last friday(May 31). Has anyone(or someone u know) came across this situation. After knowing this my friend immediately called me and suggested me to go and get the iEAD to be on safeside. I am planning to go to Santa Ana INS tomorrow. I am planning to go to Santa Ana offc tomorrow.
I hope its just a mistake at SFO INS. I checked all other sites regarding this and couldnt find any info.

Any suggestions regarding the documents I should take....

Thanks

Re: Bill

I know my friend wouldn\'t lie to me and he wouldnt joke on immigration stuff. The only thing I hope is that its just a mistake at SFO INS office. Even I am planning to go for iEAD tomorrow.

Look in Jackson-Hertogs.com site.

Hi,

Yes they stopped issuing iEAD\'s on the same day at local INS offices due to IBIS checks. I found this info on my lawyers site jackson-hertogs.com.

Kishore

I got the iEAD at SFO on 5/30, everything is ok. I guess the officer made

a mistake on your friend\'s case. Coz I met the same situation in SJO.

Re: Documents required for iEAD

Hi,
Could you please tell me what r the documents i should carry

Thanks in advance..

the copy of I765, I485 ,drive license, passport. they will let you fill a form

Hi alicia, did you get the iEAD same day or you got it in mail later?

Thanks in advance,
MBM

got iEAD same day at San Jose 6/5/02 WAC-02-125-XXXX

WAC-02-125-XXXX RD 3/4/2002, early FP done at San Jose 5/18/2002

Wnt exactly 91 days after RD. iEAD successgully done today at San Jose

In line from 4.55 AM (at least 60 people ahead in que) got in office at 7.45AM got called by officer at 11.45AM , waited I guess back ground check done and got iEAD at 12.30PM.

Hope this help.

Re:iEAD

I think it was a mistake at SFO INS offc. I got iEAD this morning at Santa Ana INS center. Went at 9:00am and was out by 11:30. It was very fast(relatively) and the employees were very polite and helpful.

RD 2/18
ND 3/4
FP 3/22
iEAD 6/5

Good luck everyone.

Re: 123sub

Ya, you can go to LA offc but i would suggest santa ana offc. I saw somewhere in this site that it takes 1 whole day at LA offc for iEAD.

Message from Sheela Murthy Office

Dear x:

Thank you for your message. The IBIS security checks have been slowing down all processes, but no process has completely stopped. We do not have any further specific information available at the moment, but when we are able to confirm some more information we would be happy to post an update on our website.

Lesley Amano

Attorney at Law

The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C.

-----Original Message-----
To: \'law@murthy.com\'
Subject: did INS stop iEAD?

Hi,

I came to know that INS stopped issuing iEAD(Interim EAD) bec of IBIS security check. Is it a rumour? Could you pl cover this issue in your weekly article?

Thanks a million,
x