Is it true that digitally printed photoes can not be used for AOS, EAD or AP?

oxa1

Registered Users (C)
I've already read several threads about RFE because of digitally printed photoes. Is it true that digital photoes will not be accepted? I remember that 485/765/131 instructions do mention NO digital photo, but I did not take it seriously. Yesterday, there was an LUD about additional evidence or info for my applications. Someone guess it might be digital photo issue.

My question is: Did all you guys use no-digital photoes? Where can I get one commercially? My digital one was from CVS. I know many studioes use digital camera for passport photo. I really can not see difference between digital and non-digital.

Thanks!

oxa1 said:
I've already read several threads about RFE because of digitally printed photoes. Is it true that digital photoes will not be accepted? I remember that 485/765/131 instructions do mention NO digital photo, but I did not take it seriously. Yesterday, there was an LUD about additional evidence or info for my applications. Someone guess it might be digital photo issue.

My question is: Did all you guys use no-digital photoes? Where can I get one commercially? My digital one was from CVS. I know many studioes use digital camera for passport photo. I really can not see difference between digital and non-digital.

Thanks!

http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/pptphotos/index.html

Not true if quality is good. I used a mix and match, some digital and some from photoshop and got all EAD/AP approved. I even got my kids' us passports and visas with digital photos. If you have a good digital camera ( atleast 4 mega pixel) set it up to highest resolution, take pictures out on a good color printer with normal or best quality settings and you are good to go after 1 or 2 dry runs. Believe me it saves lot of money and time.