Is it time to panic for me??

asylee27

Registered Users (C)

please, give an advice.

I filed I-485 for my spouse and kids. Postal delivery confirmation says the package was delivered on July 25.

Until now i have not received anything from USCIS. :( I do not think it is normal. What do you think guys? :confused:

I had two friends filed around same time. One has ND July 17, second has ND July 24. Both of them received their Receipt Notices PLUS Notices for BIO 3 already !!! :eek:

I was stupid enough to send money orders instead of personal checks with my applications so i can not tell if they cashed it yet.

do i have to call USCIS and what is the number, please? I appreciate any response!:)

Good luck to everyone!!!:)

no panic at all usics has already posted something a couple of days ago they are getting an influx number of application last month so if you didn't get reicpt notice not to get paniced.. you will get one in 6 -10 business days

You can check you money order by going back to where you bought it.

I checked mine and it was not clear yet. I submitted my case early July, and it was returned because my signature was mistaken as not original. I signed the forms again and sent it back to Texas in the middle of July as the package was returned from there.

I am still waiting for the receipt and don't know what I should do, I am moving and I also worry about the fingerprints if I am in a different city.

Please give me some suggestions.

Thank you very much!

I also sent my application thru my lawyer and haven't got any notice date yet.It's been almost a month.What shld I do?

thanks guys for inputs,

USCIS recommends waiting for 4 weeks before calling them in case one never received his/her notice.

i do hope they did not mail to wrong address (you never know what to expect dealing with USCIS)

According to my friends` timeline both of them got their received notices and the biometrics notices within one month after applying I 485.

USCIS may consider you abandoned your case if you never show up for your bio appointment.

What if USCIS did send it to wrong address and we missed our biometrics appointment? What should we do then?

Anyone can reply?
thanks in advance!

ok, guys.

Here is my update:
i called USCIS this morning. Nice lady on the other end informed me that SCIS received enormous number of appications because a lot of people wanted to avoid fees ncrease on July 30th.

So now they have a backlog for received appications which are not in their system yet. Great, isn`t it? :rolleyes:

So they ask to wait 90 days before calling and inquiring if you never received your receipt notice.

Anyone else in the same boat here?
thanks for inputs.
good luck!

I personally think the 90 days they are quoting at the call center is a bit too high. If we stop to think about the trend, we will see that all service centers were functioning well up until the beginning of August when they got overwhelmed with the last minute applications. I am using their update letters for proof....

For example, VSC has processed up to July 11 as of their last update. So, I do not think it will take them 90 days to finish the rest of July applications. And we all know that there aren't going to be nearly as many applicants who have filed or will file with the new processing fees. So, I don't anticipate August applications to be quite high. Any way, I think 4 - 6 weeks is a reasonable time to wait and you should get something from them within that time frame.

ok, following advise from GGGRR i went back and tracked my money orders. None of them (three) have been cashed yet. Do you guys think it is for better or not?

thanks

No - please do not panic. I am also an active member of the citizenship forum, and I can tell you there are folks that have submitted their N-400 application before 7/25 who have either had their checks cashed and NOT received a receipt or folks who have not had their checks cashed and have also not received a receipt.

So I say, give it another 1 or 2 before you begin panicking. Depending on the service center, applicants in mid July are just starting to hear something.

Since you used USPS delivery confirmation, then you know your package arrived safely and is in the mail room waiting to be sorted. Don't be surprised that even after they cash your check, you will wait another week or so before getting the receipt. They are overwhelmed with applications in all service centers.

As for your friend, if he even beat the 300,000+ rush of last minute applications by a day, then that would explain why he got his receipt in the normal processing time.

Blacksheep23,

i am still there too. Postal confirmation is July 25th. But until now i have not received anything. My money orders have not been cashed yet. I had it checked last weekend.

I called USCIS a few times but they reply with the same message that i have to wait for 90 days now because of the backlog they have with processing received applications and payments.:mad:

So we are kinda stuck in the system crack.
I could stop payments on my money orders and reapply but then i will have to pay a new increased fee.

so we wait.:(

hopefully it will be over soon. :confused:
good luck

This situation is strange. According to them, they should process your applications within 6 months. They have almost only 4 months left. I don't see how they can do that.

I do not think there is anything you can do at this point. If there is any consolation, they are indeed backlogged.

Listen they can do everything very fast when they want. Friend of mine applied as an extraodinary something and in less than half a year, in 5 months he got his i-140 approved and GC in hand. And he is an ordinary guy by the way. Nothing really extraordinary.

This situation is strange. According to them, they should process your applications within 6 months. They have almost only 4 months left. I don't see how they can do that.

If they processed it in 6 mos,I'll pay them with the new fees.No way in hell it will happen.

Listen they can do everything very fast when they want. Friend of mine applied as an extraodinary something and in less than half a year, in 5 months he got his i-140 approved and GC in hand. And he is an ordinary guy by the way. Nothing really extraordinary.

What's so extraordinary abt ur friend?