Is it safe to commute for work every day from Canada on EAD and AP

blair231

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I'm on EAD and AP working in USA. AP is for multiple trips. Is it O/k to commute for work from Canada every day. Read on forum, people travel one or two times but unable to find any question/answer regarding commute to work on AP.

Thanks.

Sounds risky to me. AP is not intended to be a border crossing card.

Yours is an unusual situation ... ask a lawyer. The green card has a commuter exception (but commuter status must be explicitly asked for), maybe AP has something like that also.

I think it is not a good idea to commute every day on AP while you are on I 485 pending status. Residency is always based on where you live and not where you work. The key requirement of I 485 is that a person should be in USA (residing in USA) at the time of I 485 filing and all the time further until it approved. You can travel outside USA on AP for short period but you need to justify your residency in USA through out the I 485 pending period.

Hi,
I'm on EAD and AP working in USA. AP is for multiple trips. Is it O/k to commute for work from Canada every day. Read on forum, people travel one or two times but unable to find any question/answer regarding commute to work on AP.

Thanks.