Is it safe Postponing FP schedule ?

ksv

Registered Users (C)
My friend went to India and he got his FP notice on the same day he left. He will be comming back by the scheduled date but his wife may not be able to make it on that day. He is thinking to postpone her FP Schedule.

Is it safe Postponing FP schedule ?

I know it is possible to Postpone but is there any complications by postponing ? Is it delays process ?

Please suggest.

Not a good idea to postpone as it will delay the process

But if they cannot make it inform the INS soon because no info could lead the INS to abandon the application

You can do

Our FP was scheduled on 12/11/01 at Hackesack NJ. But my wife had already left the country even before I received the notice and she was suppose to come back only by end of December. I went to the INS Hackensack, NJ .. they told me If I miss the sch. date I can come back on any wednesdays but with in 90 days form original sch. date. We both gave our FPs on 01/15/02. My RD is 07/25/01. My lawyer said, as long as, your FP is done, before it is assigned to an officer, you are fine.

No Title

Are you saying you can FP within 90 days of original date without even rescheduling the FP?

I rescheduled my FP in Nov 01 and have received a new date later this month. I want to reschedule another time, hoping to delay by a couple of months.

Anyone with info on this please advise. Thanks.