Is it possible to work between the time H1B is stamped and re-entering USA (i797B)

avishkar.sawant

Hello Sir,

I got approved i797B with start date of Oct 30 2023 valid till Sep 30 2026. I am currently on my F1 Stem OPT which expires on 21st Sep 2024.

I am planning to visit UK to get my H1b stamped in September 2024.

My question is could I work remotely while in UK on my F1 Stem OPT after my Visa interview, till I receive my passport and travel back to USA on H1B.

Or does my F1 STEM OPT inactivates the day I am approved H1B and give my passport for stamping ?

The US has no restrictions on what you can do while outside the US. US rules on employment authorization only apply to people in the US.

Read my question properly
I did. Your question doesn't make sense because you only have status (e.g. F1) while inside the US. So when you are outside the US, you are not "on F1", and it doesn't matter if you are "on F1" or not. Whether you "can work" abroad depends only on the status you have in that country, and the laws of that country.

I did. Your question doesn't make sense because you only have status (e.g. F1) while inside the US. So when you are outside the US, you are not "on F1", and it doesn't matter if you are "on F1" or not. Whether you "can work" abroad depends only on the status you have in that country, and the laws of that country.
I never mentioned of working abroad in different country

My Question is about when does my F1 STEM OPT gets inactivated