Is it possible to obtain a copy of I-140 approval?

GCard_Dream

Registered Users (C)
My company lawyer refused to provide me with a copy of I-140 approval stating that it contained company confidential information. What could be the rational behind it other than the fact that it was employer driven and they own the petition? What confidential information could the approval possibly have? Given all this, is there any other way I can request a copy from CIS?

Are they afraid that one might file for 485 on his/her own if one has a copy of I-140 approval and PD becomes current?

GCard_Dream said:
My company lawyer refused to provide me with a copy of I-140 approval stating that it contained company confidential information. What could be the rational behind it other than the fact that it was employer driven and they own the petition? What confidential information could the approval possibly have? Given all this, is there any other way I can request a copy from CIS?

Are they afraid that one might file for 485 on his/her own if one has a copy of I-140 approval and PD becomes current?

They don't want you to leave and take the PD with you.

website for this..

newbies said:
They don't want you to leave and take the PD with you.

can someone provide us a website link as to where to apply for acopy of an approved I-140. It will be of good help to everyone..

can anyone answer this..

waitingforlca said:
can someone provide us a website link as to where to apply for acopy of an approved I-140. It will be of good help to everyone..

just bumping it up the queue.

waitingforlca said:
just bumping it up the queue.

Search USCIS for FOIA. And submit the document to get the copy of I140. It takes a year or so to get.

Other way, tell your employer that if they don't give to you, you will quit and submit FOIA to get a copy for yourself.