Is it possible to go for FP before the appointment date?

Madhavi Karan

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone
Has anyone gone for their Finger-printing in Oakland, CA. I have my Finger-printing date scheduled for Aug 22nd, 2001. Since my company is in a pretty shaky state, and layoffs can happen any time, I am trying to gain a few days by going earlier than my scheduled date.

Has anyone done this (going there almost a month before the appointment date) in Oakland, CA? Or anywhere else!! If yes, what was your experience? A lot of my friends are telling me that no one cares over there! They don\'t even look at the appointment date.

My fear is that if I go for the FP almost a month before the actual date, then INS, on receiving my Finger prints, might get confused as to how can they receive Finger prints almost a month before they are supposed to get it. I don\'t want to create confusion and risk delaying my case to gain a month. Am I being too paranoid?

Thanks
Madhavi

No Title

I don\'t think your FP will be affected by your employment issues.
Unless they have specifically asked for an employment letter??

No Title

Madhavi,

Yes, You can do your FP at an earlier date than the one mentioned in FP notice. It is does not affect your I-485 processing .. We did our FP 1 week earlier ..
Good Luck

hi Madhavi

So did you go to for your FP 1 month earlier ? What was your experience ? Pl. share your experience.Also , let me know by going earlier did your next step was faster or it took the same time ?
Thanks alot