Is it possible to go collage with EAD ?

sudhakartv

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife has a EAD and she would to go for colleage . Can she ?. We talk to colleage administartion and they are asking Green Card which is process.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks.
Sudhakar

hmmmm, unfortunatly this calege administration people does not know any thing and they are staing what they ask. I having hard time to convence them..they looks like studends working in administartion and they just go what they have prinited on the application.(Which is GC or citizenship required etc..).

Can you give me some suggetion how can i convence them

Thank you verymuch for your quick reply.

Sudhakar

Generally, most colleges have some degree of flexibility in determining whether in-state tuition should be charged or not to specific students. Though a GC is the requirement 'on paper' for in state fees, I know of cases where the college agreed to accept in-state fees from applicants who were in adjustment status. It is all perfectly legal - nothing underhand about it.

Check with the person in charge of foreign admissions. The person may bave different titles and designations in different colleges. Dont bother with the low level administrative helpers. They Are students working part time, and dont know jack. Dont waste your time with them.

Hope this helps!

I'm in the same situation--

I'm in CA, applied already for AOS, still haven't gotten my EAD and went to several colleges. Every college has different rools. I went to one I heard is less strict- they took my I-130 Receipt notice and I'm still waiting for an answer. Whar state are you in?
This school I went to told me all they want is an A# which I don't have yet.. But I think you should have one and have no problem going to college. If you need more avice- write me a message.

What do you mean? Do you mean that according to the CA state law non-residents can't go to school? How about ppl that are waiting for AOS but still haven't gotten their EAD card...? <like me...> :p

Originally Posted by Alaa
I'm in Egypt , applied already for AOS, still haven't gotten my EAD and went to several colleges. Every college has different rools. I went to one I heard is less strict- they took my I-130 Receipt notice and I'm still waiting for an answer.

Well, if the college is public, they have to classify anybody as resident who qualifies according to what the UC system does. That actually is state law, and the governing bodies of public universities are bound by state law.
Private colleges can of course do whatever they want. For example, USC does not distinguish between residents and non-residents at all.

Are you sure everybody who is legal can go to school?

Why do they tell me in the school I need to show my EAD?

What's F2 visa?

I don't know what visa I'm on? I came on B-2, got married and now waiting for AOS. Am I still considered a B-2? Visitor? i thought "visa" does no apply to me since I'm applying for AOS. So how can I go to school? still no response from the school... :(

I'm waiting more then a week for an answer from the school-

I called, and the lady in charge of admissions said she need to speak to the director. When I called up immigraion they said it's up to the school... I don't know what to do! How can a lawyer help me?

I'm waiting more then a week for an answer from the school-

I called, and the lady in charge of admissions said she need to speak to the director. When I called up immigraion they said it's up to the school... I don't know what to do! How can a lawyer help me?

Good News!

I got a "permit to register" today for classes!!!! Hallelujah!!! It's all a numbers game- I found a school in Orange County (CA) that is willing to accept me!

I just need to pay Out of state tuition which is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo expensive! Do you know if I can apply to pay in state tuition? If I'm married to a citizen, resident...?

Moving to Anaheim (on Sunday)

Can we talk on private? don't want anyone here to know where I am.... I'll send you a message.