Is it possible the 50,000 additional visas ran out so quickly???

imgdoctor

Registered Users (C)
Anybody have lately been approved for AOS under schedule A?
I had my interview on Oct 24th and the officer told me there are no visas available. Is it possible the 50,000 additional visas ran out so quickly??? I have not seen recent approvals under schedule A. Please, anybody if you know someone, post the info.

i got approval oct.11, card rcvd oct.18

check this link http://www.visapro.com/Immigration-News/?a=337&z=12

imgdoctor said:
Anybody have lately been approved for AOS under schedule A?
I had my interview on Oct 24th and the officer told me there are no visas available. Is it possible the 50,000 additional visas ran out so quickly??? I have not seen recent approvals under schedule A. Please, anybody if you know someone, post the info.

imgdoctor

according to visabulleting schedule A is current. and will be current in near future. can you give some more details about what happened in the interview?

imgdoctor,
I have the same situation as you! I called national service centor in aug, 05, checking on my case status. They sent me a letter saying that my case was pending because there is no visa number available.

which service centor is your case?

I am wondering maybe when we were stuck in the retrogression during Jan to June, 05, the computer never updated our cases to "current" after schedule A cases become available!

schedule A nurses: VSC
I-140/485 concurrent filing: RD 1/20/04
I-140: AD 2/26/04
FP: Jan, 2005
485: pending???

I cannot believe it!

Thanks for your response pacemaker,
IT IS SO FRUSTRAITING! I thought that once in our long, long journey for the green card we will have some luck with the schedule A not being retrogressed.
I see that our case is not an isolated incident. This is just ridiculous. The official bulletin states that visas are current and yet they are not giving it to you. Who to believe in this system. Even their official documents (publications) are misleading. How can any of us be sure that they will give you the visa number when it becomes available? Are we so unlucky? I guess everything comes down to pure luck with CIS. We were hoping to finally be able to visit our country after 11 years being stranded here. And because we are adjusting under 245i we cannot even get AP (3 and 10 year bar). So to all of you guys that think their situation is unbearable with the retrogression - There is always worse scenario.

Are there more people like us?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pacemaker, our case was transferred to local office in Providence, I guess you have not been called for interview. I cannot think of any reason for them not to giving us visa number. How does the allocation of visa numbers work exactly? Is each of us given a number directly from DOS and the officer just has to get it from the computer? In other words, knowing your priority and all, is there a number saved for you at DOS. Or the adjudicators are responsible for allocating you a number from a given batch. If anybody knows how the system works, please post the information.
Pacemaker, do you know of other schedule A workers in he same situation like us?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, imgdoctor,
My case is still pending in vermont service center. I went to local office, they told me that I have to contact with the VSC about their error, and as a local office they cannot do anything about it, because my case is not pending in their office.

I don't know how their system work, either. No matter how they allocate our visa numbers, I want to find a way to get our cases approved as soon as possible, because our cases have been out of processing time for so long now. I have sent a letter to VSC 2 weeks ago, however, no response yet.

I don't know what to do next.

Let me know what's your plan! If you want, you can email me to my personal email: sijia13t@yahoo.com

Anyone heard from Vermont Service Center lately?

I'm just wondering if anyone has recently been approved, or got a feedback from Vermont service center.
Myself, wife and kids had our fingerprint sometime in September, and have not heard anything from them since. Only movement is LUD change on our I485 saying the results of fingerprint review has been received .....
Our concurrently filed I140 (Schedule A Nursing) is still pending. Why is the processing time for I140 Schedule A still showing March 26 '05 after several months? Since we filed our application in May '05, the processing for I140 only moved from March 19 to March 26. Does it mean they stopped processing or no visa available, event though it is Current?. Movement for I485 is almost at standstill also. I'm tired of this waiting game for GC.
If anyone has any clue as to what is happening, kindly post it in this forum. Thanks.

The processing of I-140 is not related to the retrogression of visa numbers. They may be very busy and not processing I-140 with the same speed like they used to. They need to approve the I-140 before they work on your I-485. In my case (Nebraska SC) it took about 2 years until we were called for interview, and still problems with visa numbers, the least that I expected. Everybody knows that nurses are "current" and numbers are available. But not the immigration officer that interviewed us. He was convinced that there were no visas for nobody. He seemed really puzzled when I showed him the October bulletin showing "C" under Schedule A. He even took my copy to his supervisor. Then they decided that they should talk to the State Department, and I am still to hear from them. One should consider himself/herself real lucky if the processing is smooth and straitforward and everything goes as expected. With CIS unexpected problems are the rule rather than exception.