Is it possible ?! My name check is finally done ?!

bjazi01

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I applied for a marriage based I485 in January 2004, I received my initial interview in July of 2005 and then I got stick in the name check with no movement in my case UNTIL today.

I received a notice from the local office here in Indianapolis asking for me to appear with my wife for an interview.

Questions:

Is that good news ???!!! Does it mean my name check ordeal is over ??

Is it normal that the notice said the interview is going to be videotaped ?

Finally, my wife is currently pregnant and has stopped working, she was my financial sponsor, can we use my income for "sponsorship" ? I net around $65000.00 per year...

Thank you in advance for any help,

Just explain what you just said. Time has passed since your interview and you didn't wait for them to have a baby. Bring all your papers showing that you guys live together , pictures, and things and even her medical records showing that she is pregnant....... Bring your bank statements too.

Good luck

I'm still in name check lol

bjazi01 said:
Finally, my wife is currently pregnant and has stopped working, she was my financial sponsor, can we use my income for "sponsorship" ? I net around $65000.00 per year...
Yes, you can use your income as you're a household member, assuming you live with your wife. I did this as I'm the "bread-winner" despite being the immigrant. It wasn't a problem.

bjazi01 said:
Hello all,

I applied for a marriage based I485 in January 2004, I received my initial interview in July of 2005 and then I got stick in the name check with no movement in my case UNTIL today.

I received a notice from the local office here in Indianapolis asking for me to appear with my wife for an interview.

Questions:

Is that good news ???!!! Does it mean my name check ordeal is over ??

Is it normal that the notice said the interview is going to be videotaped ?

Thank you in advance for any help,

Hi,

Name check crap is finally over, and hope it is...after all you have been stuck for a long period.

Congrats on your upcoming baby and your upcoming interview. You wife being pregnant, I can't see USCIS giving you bull. After all, you have been doing it, and now you are about to be rewarded with a precious, bundle of joy. So, just bring all necessary paperwork, evidence-joint everything: bank statement, life, car, and health insurance, albums & photos, utilities, credit, phone and cable, car title and lease agreement. ;) Above all, bring your lovely wife, so they can see, yours is a real marriage producing real kids...

You income is far above poverty guidelines, so you should be in good hands, of yourself and wife. :D Congratulations and hope that your petition is approved on the day of your interview, and your wife gives birth to a new member of your family... :) :D

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words Al.

My interview is this Thursday, honestly, and for obvious reasons I am a nervous wreck and will be till after my interview at 10:00 on Thursday.

I am hopeful and doubtful at the same time since I definatly lost faith in the USCIS, but I will be sure to keep all of you posted.

Well I went for my second interview today which shed alot of light on my case. Apparently my name check had cleared almost 6 months ago, howeer the CRIS noticed that i had an employment based I-485 in Houston which was filed back in 1998 and I had asked the CRIS, through certified mail, that i would like the case withdrawn.

Well, needless to say the CRIS did withdraw the case, BUT, the officer still wanted to see the file to make sure it was consistent with what I had filled out on the marriage based I-485. :D :D

One more hurdle, apparently my finger prints expired and I had to get new prints today, the officer said once those clear the case will be approved :D

Any idea how long that usually takes ?!

Thank you