Is it OK to send a thank-you greeting card to the IO after oath (not just after interview)?

WBH

Registered Users (C)
Is it OK to send a thank-you greeting card to the IO after oath (not just after interview otherwise one can get charged with bribing government official)?
I am thinking about it. Actually I am thinking sending such a card to the interview receptionist because he might have made a personal request to let NBC
send spouse's file to local office and called us by the phone to set up the interview next week after previous wek's interview could not start due to the files
still not arriving

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it OK to send a thank-you greeting card to the IO after oath (not just after interview otherwise one can get charged with bribing government official)?
I am thinking about it. Actually I am thinking sending such a card to the interview receptionist because he might have made a personal request to let NBC
send spouse's file to local office and called us by the phone to set up the interview next week after previous wek's interview could not start due to the files
still not arriving

Sure, it's OK. It's also OK to ask hot IOs for their phone numbers.

It's a public agency and they are doing their work. You start something and they start expecting things from customers in future. Then some applicant will take it to another next level by doing crazy things. Then the upper management will get upset and they will send a memo prohibiting any kind of contacts in future with applicants except during the interview. That will put people in real need at a disadvantage. So why start something unnecessary. Be glad it is over for you and let it go. That's my personal opinion.

it's a public agency and they are doing their work. You start something and they start expecting things from customers in future. Then some applicant will take it to another next level by doing crazy things. Then the upper management will get upset and they will send a memo prohibiting any kind of contacts in future with applicants except during the interview. That will put people in real need at a disadvantage. So why start something unnecessary. Be glad it is over for you and let it go. That's my personal opinion.

amen

You could send a communication to the supervisor explaining what the employee did above and beyond his/her duty and asking the supervisor to thank the employee on your behalf.

Last edited by a moderator:
You paid $675 as a fee for their service... isnt that a "Thank You" enough?! Not trying to be an a$$hole, just sayin...

You paid $675 as a fee for their service...

The whole service of USCIS sucks and may not derserve our thanks. But each individual employees, especially grade level fo USCIS employess
are not responsible for that. In case I cited, that interview receptionist as an single person did not have to bother to push NBC to send files
but rather just wait. But he apparently indeed pursued tha matter and give us a call to come for interview. So we are at least grateful for that
employee. And if there more employees like that, USCIS efficencient can be improved

The whole service of USCIS sucks and may not derserve our thanks. But each individual employees, especially grade level fo USCIS employess
are not responsible for that. In case I cited, that interview receptionist as an single person did not have to bother to push NBC to send files
but rather just wait. But he apparently indeed pursued tha matter and give us a call to come for interview. So we are at least grateful for that
employee. And if there more employees like that, USCIS efficencient can be improved

I hear you on that one. The IO who interviewed me was a really nice guy who went out of his way to accommodate my request for a same day OL, despite the fact that Garden City didn't give out same day OLs at that time.

It's a public agency and they are doing their work. You start something and they start expecting things from customers in future. Then some applicant will take it to another next level by doing crazy things. Then the upper management will get upset and they will send a memo prohibiting any kind of contacts in future with applicants except during the interview. That will put people in real need at a disadvantage. So why start something unnecessary. Be glad it is over for you and let it go. That's my personal opinion.

Not necessarily, if some one goes beyond their call of duty and provide you a better service, it is your right and appropriate to express thanks and gratitude…