is it ok to leave

ALFREDO

Registered Users (C)
We are about to mail out form n-400 and we are going for vacation to cancun the following, I am assuming that is ok to leave the country since we have GC, right, it will not affect the process of the n-400 right?
BTW, I heard that if you have GC, you don't need tourist visa for mexico, only GC and passport, right>
thanks!!

Hello,

I traveled to Mexico and the Cayman Islands right after I applied for N-400. You shouldn't have any problems with your N-400 process. Regarding visa to Mexico, I didn't need one because I have green card. You may want to double check if you need visa or not with the Mexican consulate (this depends on your country of citizenship, since you still hold that country's passport). Just to be safe.

We are about to mail out form n-400 and we are going for vacation to cancun the following, I am assuming that is ok to leave the country since we have GC, right, it will not affect the process of the n-400 right?
BTW, I heard that if you have GC, you don't need tourist visa for mexico, only GC and passport, right>
thanks!!

You don't need a visa to Mexico if you have a GC. Bring your passport just in case.

thanks!!

How long you will be gone? Because, you will be get NOA (within a week to two) and Fingerprints notice (within a week to two after NOA). You may get a fingerprint appointment within 2-4 weeks after you apply for which you must be present physically. Also you cannot put your mail on hold as the communication from USCIS will not be delivered if your mail is on hold. Plan accordingly.

job history n-400

there is a job that I started to work back in 2003 and I worked there until 2006, I am trying to find the exact date I started working with them but I can't find it yet. How important is to put the exact date, even when the job started more than 5 years ago?
thanks

thanks!!

You are fine to travel. You are a permanent resident. Just watch not to miss any step of the process.

there is a job that I started to work back in 2003 and I worked there until 2006, I am trying to find the exact date I started working with them but I can't find it yet. How important is to put the exact date, even when the job started more than 5 years ago?
thanks

Month and Year would be sufficient. You don't have to write the date if you don't remember.

Bring your passport just in case.

Bring your passport at any cost, not just in case.
You will need it to clear immigration in Mexico and you definitely will need it to be re-admitted in the US (along with your GC, of course).

Bring your passport at any cost, not just in case.
You will need it to clear immigration in Mexico and you definitely will need it to be re-admitted in the US (along with your GC, of course).

You do not need your passport to be admitted back to the US. Just a GC is fine.

Ok, just to see who is right, I will show only my GC and keep my passport in my pocket and I will post it when I am back who was right. :)
thanks for your help!!!!