Is it OK to change job after replying to I485 RFE??

Shak Man

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I recently got an RFE (EVL, paystubs, tax returns) with regard to my AOS application and will be responding to it very soon.

Just wondering if it is OK to swith to a 'same or similar' job after responding to the RFE, but before the GC interview (I am almost 100% sure that I will be getting an interview call).

Thanks very much.

140_takes_4ever

Thanks for the reply and the info. I think my attorney is taking a conservative approach by suggesting that I do not change jobs after replying to the RFE.

thanks again for the reply.

hi

what makes u think u would get 100% interview.

I a in the same situation , except that i gave RFE for a future job. No present job. would ideally want to avoidinterview.

could u please tell, what are the common reasons for an interview to take place for GC??

TheEnquirer said:
could u please tell, what are the common reasons for an interview to take place for GC??

Based on the stats I've seen, about 3 to 4 % of pending employment-based I-485 cases get called for interviews. EB1-OR, EB1-EA and EB-2 seem to get mentioned a lot for interviews. Search the forums...

Some reasons I've seen reported:

- criminal record
- gaps in status
- inconsistencies in paperwork (certificates, etc.)
- the USCIS lost some paperwork
- issues arising from fingerprint and/or name check
- employment (are you still employed, etc.)
- issues with dependent filers (i.e., got married just before filing)
- random 'quality assurance :)" checks
- what side of bed the adjudicator got up on that morning

wik.

TheEnquirer,

My attorney feels that I will most likely get an interview call. I tend to agree with him, based on the fact interviews take place when a person changes a job after filing for AOS(which is applicable in my case). Ofcouse, as Wik mentions, there could be additional reasons for an interview.

Having said this, it would be great to get more opinions about whether a person can change a job after responding to an RFE.

Shak Man.

I guess you are concerned about CIS coming after you for suppressing material information just in case you case gets approved soon and CIS comes to know of your “not notified CIS” job change later.
If you badly want the new job, change and make sure that you lawyer informs the CIS that you are using AC21, ASAP. I would say, send the info. on the first day of work at new job. This would be relatively “safe.” As far as other issues are concerned (such as likely hood of transfer to local office) they depend on your individual case details and the strength of documentation sent to CIS.

ThelastMile

Thanks very much for your input. What you recommend sounds logical. I will discuss this with my attorney.