Is it OK if I send copies of my old reference letters

vvp

Registered Users (C)
Is it OK if I send copies of my old recommendation letters with my new EB1–OR petition or I should ask for new letters? What do you think? It’s too hard to collect that letters I think I just can’t do it again .

Last edited by a moderator:
vvp said:
Is it OK if I send copies of my old recommendation letters with my new EB1–OR petition or I should ask for new letters? What do you think? It’s too hard to collect that letters I think I just can’t do it again .

Were your old letters also for OR ? If yes and they are not to old (less than approx. 2 years) I would think it is ok to send them again. But it might be also a good idea to ask your lawyer.

My lawyer said, if the letters are not older than half year, it's OK to use them. Otherwsie, it's better to get new ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Thanks for reply.

I am asking about copies. I sent original letters with my first petition and have only copies (Xerox copies). They are not so old. And they are for OR.

vvp said:
Hi, Thanks for reply.

I am asking about copies. I sent original letters with my first petition and have only copies (Xerox copies). They are not so old. And they are for OR.

My previous lawyer said that it was fine to send copies although I told him I have serevral originals, he still sent copies. My case was denied.

Then I replied with another lawyer. He said that if I have orginals, we should submit originals, because it is more impressive. He sent original letters. My case was approved after 14 days. One of the letters was signed in Feb.2004.

Don't know what the impact on my case by using the originals and copies. But my personal opinion, if you have orginals or not very hard to get extra originals, you better send originals.

Thank you, Graduation 2003.
I know your story. Congratulation with your approval!
I will try to get new letters, but it’s really hard to ask about it.

vvp said:
Thank you, Graduation 2003.
I know your story. Congratulation with your approval!
I will try to get new letters, but it’s really hard to ask about it.

Thanks. I know your feeling....but what else we can do...I hope you will collect all the letters you need shortly and send out your application soon.