is it normal.....?? any views..

My485Pending

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

my EAD will expire this NOV 17th and by the time my approval comes my EAD might expire... if i go for stamping will they ask as to why my EAD is expired or something else... please help..

or do i need to apply for EAD Extension now...??

also my H1-B will expire this NOV 22nd...
any suggestions would be great...

Generally you'll get courtesy copy within a week. In my case, I got it in two days after it is approved. The original may take longer, since it goes to attorney first. You can very well stamp with the courtesy copy.
On stamping, they will only take back EADs, APs and I-94 etc, haven't seen checking the dates. Only thing is of their concern is if your passport is valid more than 6 months. If not, better to renew and stamp. So, I don't think EAD renewal or H1B extension is needed at this point.

docs required for stamping....??

Hi Nell,

can you please tell all the doc's reqd for stamping , ur experience please...

thanks

Re: docs required for stamping....??

Documents required for stamping will be clearly specified in your approval notice. The following are needed:

* Passport and Approval notice (Courtesy copy is fine)
* 2 ADIT style photos for which the spec is critical - same like the one we sent for filing, but most recently taken. You can make it ready before approval notice comes itself to save your time.
* Previous I-94, EAD, AP etc.
* Ofcourse, identity card (DL) just to enter inside the local INS office.

If you are from San Jose, I believe, there will be appointment line for I-485 approvals, so no need to go very early like 500AM. Other places, we may need to go in the normal line, which takes a long time. I was thinking that we had appointment line in San Diego, but had to wait for 4 hours (630 AM-1030 AM) to get it stamped.

All the best on your stamping!

Last edited by a moderator:
SF - no need to wait in line

In SF, there is an appointment line as well. Just bring your approvals and they will let you in.

- Dom